Another shooting at Old Harrow Grenoside

NIBMY ALERT!

I assume what you mean to say is "we do not want this ANYWHERE"

Its not acceptable to have this sort of crime in ANYONE'S area. Not just the protected bubble of Grenoside.

Its is NOT "obviously being ruined" by those disgraceful outsiders. We currently know nothing about the suspect. Shocking as it may be it could be someone who is resident IN the village. It may have been a targeted attack with a motive.

We should all be able to live in an area greeted by friendly people without such scum.

Now can we just wait until the Police have done their investigations and we have some FACTS on this matter.

Less than one page in and we already have a victim who was announced as dead when they weren't, accusations about the type of pub owners with suggestions they should go, comments about how crime is done by outsiders and comments about it shouldn't happen in our village but seemingly is assumed to happen everywhere else. Seems to me that your "lovely place to live" is too much filled with curtain twichers and inaccurate gossipy old biddies.

God sake people - some poor soul has been attacked. Enough already.

Agree totally with you. :thumbsup:

Hope the man who was shot makes a full recovery.

Good. I'm glad they're apparently nice people and it wasn't to do with them...hence why I used the term 'if' in my post......

But you used the word "if" about two specific people when you didn't have to use it about anyone given that you have no idea who was responsible.

With 2 shootings in the area in such a short time it will make people not want to move into the area affecting house prices, trade, knock on affect and be known as a bad area. You can check the crime rates out on areas online and i know if i saw that there were shootings in a area that i was thinking of living in that i would be looking elsewhere.

Edited by Starlc

But you used the word "if" about two specific people when you didn't have to use it about anyone given that you have no idea who was responsible.

Jesus christ. I'll consider myself well and truly scolded by all of Sheffield forum!

Someone said that there were new owners at The Harrow. The facts are that there have been 2 shootings lately, in very close succession. I typed out loud that 'if' this could be due to the change of ownership, (ie, it could be down to clientele that said new owners could have attracted to the pub from previous pubs for example, rather than thinking that the owners are gunslingers) then I'd be glad if they moved on. From what people have said though, this is not the case as the new owners are nice people and were not even in charge at the time of the first shooting so I am very very sorry for even remotely thinking there may have been a possible connection. I am clearly the ultimate scum of the earth, possibly even worse than the shooter him/herself.

Edited by Grenoside123

Now your being silly. No one's calling you scum. It's just that flippant remarks and gossip could ruin the new owners reputation and business. I've known Mark since we were kids never known or heard of him being in any sort of bother he's one of life's good guys who will do his best to clean up the pubs recent tarnished image. Go down and say hello

Edited by gazbdec

Now your being silly. No one's calling you scum. It's just that flippant remarks and gossip could ruin the new owners reputation and business. I've known Mark since we were kids never known or heard of him being in any sort of bother he's one of life's good guys who will do his best to clean up the pubs recent tarnished image. Go down and say hello

I know they're not. Nor was I saying that the new owners shot the lad, but you would have thought so with the way I was jumped on by on by one and all! It literally was just a fleeting suggestion of a thought which crossed my mind due to the unfortunate timing of new owners and 2 shootings.