Coffee - Ground vs Instant?

Interesting Samssong, you clearly haven't got the taste for good coffee. We have a DeLonghi* of around 250£ and it produces coffee about ten times superior to whatever sludge you are drinking. No doubt you poor heaps of sugar and gallons of milk in yours, known as kiddy coffee, but those with a palate? They prefer the real deal.

Italians use a Moka at home, costs about £15 and it makes just as good coffee.

If I drink it, it's either expensive Costa at a services or out of the dolce gusto machine at home - there's one at work I use occasionally (don't have a fridge at work so this works well for me) I don't go mad as they are an eco nightmare and biodegradable ones aren't available, although biodegradable ones are available for other machines. Coupled with that, too much coffee brings on my bit of trouble :(

But I drink loads of tea. I was given some whittards selection pack thing with different varieties. Some were very nice indeed.

The real Coffee smells is just the best treasure in life. Amen

I agree that real coffee does smell very alluring.

However if I have 'real' coffee, or one that is very strong it causes me to have gastrointestinal problems.

Oddly enough I find tea quite soothing on the stomach, and I like the taste of tea, Very refreshing.

Interesting Samssong, you clearly haven't got the taste for good coffee. We have a DeLonghi* of around 250£ and it produces coffee about ten times superior to whatever sludge you are drinking. No doubt you poor heaps of sugar and gallons of milk in yours, known as kiddy coffee, but those with a palate? They prefer the real deal.

I think I have the same one.

Although just bought a £40 Bosch which take t-discs for work because it's less messy. That's pretty good too.

Instant coffee is not something I drink, but I do like a good coffee.

Italians use a Moka at home, costs about £15 and it makes just as good coffee.

I have one, it is a pain, grind your beans, get the right quantity, cook it for long enough but not too long. I just press a button and get a mug of freshly ground coffee with beans of my chosing. The Italians I know, and they are coffee mad, have a similar machine to me.

I think I have the same one.

Although just bought a £40 Bosch which take t-discs for work because it's less messy. That's pretty good too.

Instant coffee is not something I drink, but I do like a good coffee.

We have a coffee maker on each floor (3 in total) the DeLonghi in the kitchen and a Nespresso on the first and second floor. Nespresso is nice enough and offers the advantage of different flavours from the same machine. I just wish they'd make the water-jug bigger.

Wow, your post was insulting, pretentious and elitist all at the same time, merry xmas.

We do not have poor sugar at our house in fact we PORE sugar only on rhubarb, a subject that you spend many hours on many days discussing .