Coffee - Ground vs Instant?

I don't remember ever having a good cup of coffee in UK when I lived there 47 years ago. Since I have been on this splendid continent I have drunk the coffee of heaven from Dunkin Donuts, none of yer Starbucks fer me. DD has a place a block away from me, and we stop off going out in the morning, pull up at the window, where a cup each is waiting for us already. The girls all know us. Costs me four bucks. I also drink tea, Typhoo, which was my mother's favorite tea, except hers was always leaf. I use a Cuisinart Coffee Grinder/Maker makes 10 cups in 10 minutes using preground or 15 including the grind

Edited by buck

I don't remember ever having a good cup of coffee in UK when I lived there 47 years ago. Since I have been on this splendid continent I have drunk the coffee of heaven from Dunkin Donuts, none of yer Starbucks fer me. DD has a place a block away from me, and we stop off going out in the morning, pull up at the window, where a cup each is waiting for us already. The girls all know us. Costs me four bucks.

This is exactly why we got our bean-to-cup and nespresso's, good coffee is seriously hard to come by in the UK.

This is exactly why we got our bean-to-cup and nespresso's, good coffee is seriously hard to come by in the UK.
I was left seriously unimpressed by the few (normal, not espresso) coffees I had in the US this summer.

Tried McD (dis-gus-ting), Ponderosa (same), Golden Corral (best of a bad lot) and a few in independent restaurants. "Socks juice" as we call it in France :gag: never had a refill, preferred water instead (and I'm not a fan, makes me rust :D)

The best, by a country mile, was the filter coffee with the room's coffee home. The very first thing we did on coming back (at stupid o'clock in the morning after a red eye flight) was fire up the DeLonghi bean-to-cup. Heaven!

I was left seriously unimpressed by the few (normal, not espresso) coffees I had in the US this summer.

Tried McD (dis-gus-ting), Ponderosa (same), Golden Corral (best of a bad lot) and a few in independent restaurants. "Socks juice" as we call it in France :gag: never had a refill, preferred water instead (and I'm not a fan, makes me rust :D)

The best, by a country mile, was the filter coffee with the room's coffee home. The very first thing we did on coming back (at stupid o'clock in the morning after a red eye flight) was fire up the DeLonghi bean-to-cup. Heaven!

I don't wonder you had lousy coffee, Ponderosa!!!, Golden Corral!!!! They aren'

t places for human beings eat. Our last Ponderosa closed back in the early eighties. I went to Golden Corral just once at my 6 year old grandaughter's insistance. We're just back to talking.

Redber for coffee beans.

Bella Barista for equipment.

HTH.

Not heard of redber, will check them out. Thanks.

I suppose I should clarify my statement, what I meant was that good coffee is not as easily found as in other countries. In the Netherlands every household serves a decent cup, every little cafe and restaurant serves good coffee and so on. In the UK you have to be lucky or seek it out specifically.

The difference is that the Dutch detest instant coffee, although we do a good line in selling it here through Douwe Egberts!