Coffee - Ground vs Instant?

I have one, it is a pain, grind your beans, get the right quantity, cook it for long enough but not too long. I just press a button and get a mug of freshly ground coffee with beans of my choosing. The Italians I know, and they are coffee mad, have a similar machine to me.

There's no need to grind your own beans. Modern vacuum packing makes perfectly good pre-ground coffee possible.

And to "cook it for long enough but not too long" means what? The Moka tells you when the coffee is ready by its sound.

The biggest single difference in all the ways of making coffee is the type you use which is a matter of personal taste. I like traditional Vietnamese coffee. The beans are roasted with a very thin coating of oil and sugar which gives a unique flavour from the caramelised sugar. Most people who taste it will think it has some sort of chocolate flavouring.

I don't know anywhere in Sheffield that sells it so I buy mine mail order from Cà Phê VN in London - http://caphevn.com/buy-online/

There's no need to grind your own beans. Modern vacuum packing makes perfectly good pre-ground coffee possible.

And to "cook it for long enough but not too long" means what? The Moka tells you when the coffee is ready by its sound.

The biggest single difference in all the ways of making coffee is the type you use which is a matter of personal taste. I like traditional Vietnamese coffee. The beans are roasted with a very thin coating of oil and sugar which gives a unique flavour from the caramelised sugar. Most people who taste it will think it has some sort of chocolate flavouring.

I don't know anywhere in Sheffield that sells it so I buy mine mail order from Cà Phê VN in London - http://caphevn.com/buy-online/

I did mention I have one, right? I realise all that Nagel, and it does make a decent cuppa, but it is a lot more work than switching the machine on (possibly emptying the grinds and filling the water) and then pressing a button to get freshly ground coffee.

I am also yet to come across a ground coffee that doesn't go 'stale' after a certain period. We can use ground coffee in the machine, and do at times, but there is no denying, even in an air-tight jar, it loses taste over time.

If you are going to correct a spelling error, at least correct it appropriately. Pour.

I just spat all my coffee over screen and keyboard but it was worth it.

French of course. For those familiar with Raven and Pennylane.

---------- Post added 04-09-2016 at 12:14 ----------

You used to be able to get it from Whittards in Meadowhell but it's a while since I've been there.

:hihi:

Sounds like someone's kettle has boiled over! ;)

I don't get it. You can't pore over the adding of sugar. You can pore over the information in a book.

Samssong meant to write pour, it's obvious. He was trying to save face by saying you can pore. But it's wrong. You cannot pore over the adding of sugar!