Air ambulance helicopter at Lane top

gene

I would have thought an ambulance would suffice for that.

That's a long drop for a toddler, maybe they were worried that the little one had neck or back injury and the journey on Sheffields crap roads could cause further trauma

I would have thought an ambulance would suffice for that.

Sounds a bit harsh, would you have said the same if it was your kid?

Like if that was your toddler and air ambulance turned up would you be like bit over top that lads only need an ambulance its only a toddler that fell out of window?

I wasn't there and didn't see it...

However, if the ambulance had been there a while and were happy to transport the kiddie by road (straight to the children's as its the closest and all seriously injured kiddies in South Yorkshire are usually taken there), rather than wait for the air ambulance, then that's what they will do.

The air ambulance is a fantastic bit of kit, and makes so many differences to people's lives, but it takes time to load and then has to land in western park across the road, then unload and cross the road etc...

So land ambulance may have meant a delay in the kiddie receiving the urgent medical care they needed, seems strange to say though as people always associate the air ambulance with saving lives!

Roll on the new landing pad at the Northern, will make so much difference to the life saving work of the air ambulance!!!

Oh, but don't forget the fantastic work the 'standard' Yorkshire Ambulance Service do!

And I hope the kiddie gets better soon. Thoughts are with them

Edited by samsparro
Adding text