Air ambulance helicopter at Lane top

gene

Sounds a bit harsh, would you have said the same if it was your kid?

Like if that was your toddler and air ambulance turned up would you be like bit over top that lads only need an ambulance its only a toddler that fell out of window?

You're reading too much into my post there!

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 21:01 ----------

absolute ********

shame on you

i bet you go on holidays that don`t allow kids!!! Sick sick sick

:roll: another one.

You're reading too much into my post there!

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 21:01 ----------

:roll: another one.

Maybe you should have thought a bit more before you post. The air ambulance is generally called on advice of first responders attending victim. I was in Iceland car park when ambulance and first responders went up Swanbourne about same time as chopper took off

Maybe you should have thought a bit more before you post. The air ambulance is generally called on advice of first responders attending victim. I was in Iceland car park when ambulance and first responders went up Swanbourne about same time as chopper took off

The air ambulance are pretty much always scrambled where possible to serious head injuries as the crews consist of highly skilled and experienced Doctor and Paramedic teams who are able to perform extremely skilled procedures out in the field.

Head injuries tend to be extremely complex injuries that are time critical. The Air Ambulance effectively take the hospital to the patient.

I would have thought an ambulance would suffice for that.

Better safe than sorry in cases of head injuries, even more so when a small child is involved. Maybe next time put your feet firmly on the floor before commenting so they don't end up in your mouth!!!

Do hope the little girl makes a full and speedy recovery. Had a child fall out of a window before, thankfully ground floor and onto soft grass, so kinda know how distraught and guilty the parents will be feeling. You can't watch them every single second so accidents will and do happen. Mia leigh please tell her parents they are in my thoughts and not to be too harsh on themselves.

PARDON ??? You think a small child falling out of an upstairs window is not serious enough to warrant an air ambulance ? !!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts are with the little girl and her family. Hope she makes a full recovery.

In Sheffield no it's not. The destination for an injured child would be the Childrens hospital which doesn't have a convenient landing pad. A road ambulance would almost certainly get them there faster and it's easier to treat them en route as well.

As others have said they quite probably landed as they were close by and the nearest asset to start primary care, but the road ambulance arrived at about the same time anyway.

Better safe than sorry in cases of head injuries, even more so when a small child is involved. Maybe next time put your feet firmly on the floor before commenting so they don't end up in your mouth!!!

Roll your neck in. I'm only saying that to my mind an ambulance to the Children's hospital would have been better but you go ahead and read nasty-man-doesn't care-or-want-the-best-for-the-little-girl all you want to!

In Sheffield no it's not. The destination for an injured child would be the Childrens hospital which doesn't have a convenient landing pad. A road ambulance would almost certainly get them there faster and it's easier to treat them en route as well.

As others have said they quite probably landed as they were close by and the nearest asset to start primary care, but the road ambulance arrived at about the same time anyway.

The landing pad for the Children's is in Weston Park and if you've ever seen them transfer a patient from there to the hospital you'd know how fast they are. Clearly you have no idea...

The landing pad for the Children's is in Weston Park and if you've ever seen them transfer a patient from there to the hospital you'd know how fast they are. Clearly you have no idea...

The helicopter and the Western Park landing pad are useful when bringing in patients from afar, but within Sheffield an ambulance would be more ideal, but as has been said it looks like the helicopter just happened to be nearby when the emergency call was made.