UK flooding again

No, that would be as ridiculous as your "some people" analogy, because some people actually care.

But they could be there helping people mop up or remove sodden furniture or any other task, even just moral support, not doing the job of a fixed camera.

I take it if it were it your home, you could sort it yourself?

Maybe not, eh?

You want the police to be utilised giving moral support to people.

"Come on guys, you can do it!" "Give me a Y, give me an O,......."

I would prefer they work catching criminals.

Is it?

Or do the BBC and Sky have more reporters looking for stories with great pictures?

Seems pretty genuine but obviously depends where you live. Parts of the country have been drier than normal, others have had months worth of rain in a couple of weeks.

It's become apparent that there isn't much sympathy for the victims of flooding and folk would prefer to just watch it on telly. Strange how a few years back, our city was up to its nuts in water, and the support given to each other here in Sheffield was amazing.

I love my city and the people in it, but some have certainly got short bloody memories and a conscience of pure lead.

Edited by Solution

And there you have it. As I pointed out in post #2, the EU has mandated that the EA prioritise protecting the ecosystem over protection peoples' homes.

I expect some of you agree with this, but you have to recognise that this is what happened.

Want to know why we've had so many homes flooded since 2000? Look to the EU.

There's no point blaming the Council, the government, the EA or even somehow the police. The EU on behalf of the green movement did this to us. If you're a supporter of the EU and/or an unmitigated supporter of the green movement, I hope you're pleased.

So there you have it, the EU do occasionally serve a useful purpose, I don't support the EU or the Greens but I am well pleased that we are starting to think more about the environment that sustains us, homes can be rebuilt and furniture replaced.

It's become apparent that there isn't much sympathy for the victims of flooding and folk would prefer to just watch it on telly. Strange how a few years back, our city was up to its nuts in water, and the support given to each other here in Sheffield was amazing.

I love my city and the people in it, but some have certainly got short bloody memories and a conscience of pure lead.

Hope this is ok mods........There is a collection this Saturday at Sheffield Sea Cadets for any bits of cleaning items, buckets bleach mops etc. The lads want to go but its not possible to send them into a disaster zone, so one of their instructors will be driving up in a transit sized van to deliver whatever they can collect. The unit will be open from 9.00am.Conquest House Stanley Street Sheffield S3 8HJ.

Seems pretty genuine but obviously depends where you live. Parts of the country have been drier than normal, others have had months worth of rain in a couple of weeks.

Cumbria had a months worth in a day.

---------- Post added 29-12-2015 at 23:17 ----------

Is it?

Or do the BBC and Sky have more reporters looking for stories with great pictures?

I note Kay burley was being her obnoxious self over the past few days.