Corbyn offers to do a televised debate with Cameron

They aren't supposed to stop ALL conflicts.

They are pricipally designed to do two things, to stop other nations walking into the UK, and stop the kind of wars where tens of thousands of people die in a day.

The nuclear deterrant has a 100% success rate in both.

Incidentally, the UK's defence investment meant that we had the forces to kick Argentina out of UK territory on the other side of the planet, whereas Argentina still hasn't recovered from a 1982 skirmish on its doorstep.

And who would want to walk into here? serious question?

it seems like it is us that does all the invading by the way....we love to spread democracy lol

And who would want to walk into here? serious question?

it seems like it is us that does all the invading by the way....we love to spread democracy lol

I think Jeremy Corbyns defence strategy is to so damage our economy that it would make this country into a place that no one would want to bother invading. Clever.

10p tax? Wow....

Let's not forget Labour created the NHS, welfare state, Trade Unions, free education to University level, and much, much more. I doubt there's a family in this country who don't have to thank Labour for something.

It did indeed create the NHS. Trade unions created the Labour party not the other way round, this in order to elect people to positions of power where they would represent the working man in Parliament.

Good things were done, but always overwhelmed by the seeming inability to properly manage the economy. Labour governments have always left the economy a mess, it has been the Tories who have had to pick up the pieces.

The fact is, in 2015 the reasons for a Labour party rooted in class struggle has past. It is in rapid decline and Corbyn as leader indicates its weakness and demise.

A real alternative to the Tories could be the Greens who are in a similar political situation to what Labour were in 120 years ago.

---------- Post added 05-01-2016 at 13:44 ----------

The party will only have outlived its usefulness when poverty is no more, and everyone has equal opportunity. Certainly, Labour has done an awful lot to diminish poverty over the years, but there is still some way to go.

As for equal opportunities; that seems to be going backwards.

in this country there is no poverty compared to the rest of the world. The main hindrance to equality has been the Labour parties closing grammar schools ensuring that those with money send their progeny to the private sector.

10p tax? Wow....

Let's not forget Labour created the NHS, welfare state, Trade Unions, free education to University level, and much, much more. I doubt there's a family in this country who don't have to thank Labour for something.

Didn't Labour bring in tuition fees?

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 11:07 ----------

Will Cameron take up the challenge? i very much doubt it, i think he will realise that his spin and hot air will not stand up to a mature debate. I'm sure without his quick put downs and his rabble behind him, he will be at a loss, i really hope it goes ahead, it would be great for the impartial observers....lets watch this space.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/29/jeremy-corbyn-calls-on-cameron-to-take-part-in-annual-televised-debates

It'd be more interesting to see a debate between Corbyn and the Labour Party...

It'd be more interesting to see a debate between Corbyn and the Labour Party...

They've been having one since September. I think they've agreed to disagree.. for now.:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 11:29 ----------

Didn't Labour bring in tuition fees?

And the raid on our pension funds.

Calling for something that he knows he will not get out of the blue with no president. Its about scoring points and has nothing to do with wishing to have a debate. The Labour party doesn't know its own policies yet, so how could Corbyn debate with Cameron. The only subjects corbyn could debate on are his personal opinions and we all know these are subject to change and are not Labour policy.

If Corbyn can stay as the Labour Party leader until 2020, he will get an opportunity to debate with the then PM (who could well be someone else).

Or questions he's received from 'Brian in Bromley'...or 'Harriet from Basigstoke'...He appears to me to be devoid of his own opinions.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of sacking shadow cabinet members for being disloyal, when he's spent an entire political lifetime doing just that!

Not to mention the hypocrisy of sacking shadow cabinet members for being disloyal, when he's spent an entire political lifetime doing just that!

But, as far as i am aware, he didnt go running to the press on a near daily basis to sell his stories about how he despised the leader of the party

Edited by PeteMorris