Corbyn offers to do a televised debate with Cameron

Why is debating on TV silly? It would give the people further exposure to poltic and perhaps help them to decide who to vote for. Also, why would TV debates not be changing the face of politics? It has only ever happened on two occasions, both immediately before an election.

He is the leader of the opposition, how is that not important?

I am not a fan of Corbyn but some of the comments on this forum are laughable.

Because he's never going to get into power.

Explain the difference he has as being leader of the opposition if he has no prospect of getting into power.

Is it silly politics? i dont see it that way, i call silly politics when they have PQT's and Cameron comes out with silly spin and one off's...a good one to one debate would be great....but if he is scared :hihi:

Calling for something that he knows he will not get out of the blue with no president. Its about scoring points and has nothing to do with wishing to have a debate. The Labour party doesn't know its own policies yet, so how could Corbyn debate with Cameron. The only subjects corbyn could debate on are his personal opinions and we all know these are subject to change and are not Labour policy.

If Corbyn can stay as the Labour Party leader until 2020, he will get an opportunity to debate with the then PM (who could well be someone else).

Calling for something that he knows he will not get out of the blue with no president. Its about scoring points and has nothing to do with wishing to have a debate. The Labour party doesn't know its own policies yet, so how could Corbyn debate with Cameron. The only subjects corbyn could debate on are his personal opinions and we all know these are subject to change and are not Labour policy.

If Corbyn can stay as the Labour Party leader until 2020, he will get an opportunity to debate with the then PM (who could well be someone else).

Very true, for example would Corbyn debate Cameron over Labour's foreign policy or his own foreign policy?

Explain the difference he has as being leader of the opposition if he has no prospect of getting into power.

Though I agree that he has little chance of getting into power, it doesn't mean he hasn't made a difference. He has engaged more people into politics, which is a wonderful thing.

Anyway, your point was that he wasn't important, I countered this.

Though I agree that he has little chance of getting into power, it doesn't mean he hasn't made a difference. He has engaged more people into politics, which is a wonderful thing.

Anyway, your point was that he wasn't important, I countered this.

My point was there was no point giving him the opportunity to debate as an equal as that would give him an importance he doesnt have. Cameron can easily ignore him until the next election because he has a working majority. Its even easier to take him less seriously because Corbyn has virtually zero chance of ever becoming PM, so apart form the formal niceties, then Corbyn isnt important as a credible political threat.

who the hell says so? nobody actually knows whats going to happen, dont believe all the Tory bias in the paper

Did you miss Labour government saying that they put an end to boom and bust? The trouble is that they believed this mantra so they wasn't prepared for the inevitable but when it came.

And a Tory Government would not have been prepared for the crash either, ....the bankers were gettin away with murder, and still are....this must be the biggest lie of all time that labour caused the financial ruin of this country

And a Tory Government would not have been prepared for the crash either, ....the bankers were gettin away with murder, and still are....this must be the biggest lie of all time that labour caused the financial ruin of this country

So it's all one big lie in the history books when Brown said - an end to boom and bust, and didn't prepare for the inevitable bust? Also are you seriously trying to suggest that the Tories are as generous with their spending as Labour were?

You have a very "interesting" perception of politics.