Corbyn offers to do a televised debate with Cameron

That's rubbish.

I am a moderate. I am by inclination a Lib Dem if anything. I did not vote Labour at the last election, in fact I have never voted Labour.

I went to the Corbyn meeting in Sheffield because I couldn't get the information I needed from the media. I wanted to see for myself and make up my own mind, not have it made up for me by the media. There were no rabble there thank you very much, just interested, intelligent, thinking people, very many of them in the same boat as me.

I was looking for a new kind of politics and I found it. The impression given in the media bears no resemblance to the man or the facts. The fact is he does connect with the electorate, very much so, which is why he's where he is.

If you want an example of bias, look at the coverage of the Rememberence day service at the Cenotaph, where banner headlines declared people were 'outraged' because Corbyn 'had failed to bow his head deeply enough.' The fact that he was the only one to remain behind and talk personally to the Veterans and other people in the crowd when all the others had swanned off to lunch, failed to get a single mention...

And imagine the outcry if they had to photoshop a poppy on Corbyn's jacket, as they did with Cameron...and there was all that nonsense where Corbyn was accused of stealing packed lunches, the media is a joke, but the people are too stupid to realise

I would suggest Corbyn gets together with his own party first and iron out their differences before taking on Cameron..... perhaps then they could move on from just the protesting party that they are now and on to a challenging party with some good workable alternatives!

And for those that think that Corbyn could match him in a debate you're obviously deluded :hihi:

Is there any point having a debate before Labour actually debate amongst themselves what their policies are?

Exactly. There is no clarity on where they stand as a party on pretty much anything at the moment. Until they sort out their infighting an decide on what policies they will stand by they are an irrelevance.

Exactly. There is no clarity on where they stand as a party on pretty much anything at the moment. Until they sort out their infighting an decide on what policies they will stand by they are an irrelevance.

They dont have to have fully developed policies per se as they are in opposition. They will wait for conference before geting some rough policies together and final policies wont be formed till a few years before the general election. the only one that sticks out at the moment is some uniformity on Trident.

I think you are wrong I'm afraid. People don't vote for policies but for parties. The fact that a single parent in Rotherham voted for Labour is testament to this. Also look to the Muslims who vote for Labour despite Labour killing hundreds of thousands if not millions of them.

I think you are wrong I'm afraid. People don't vote for policies but for parties. The fact that a single parent in Rotherham voted for Labour is testament to this. Also look to the Muslims who vote for Labour despite Labour killing hundreds of thousands if not millions of them.

I agree that the electorate needs to up their game if they want things to change. They can start by taking an interest in politics and what's going on - but then if they get all their information from the media they are going to be prey to what the likes of the Murdoch's want to achieve, so it's very difficult.

You can see how important an independent, honest media actually is. This is serious.

I agree that the electorate needs to up their game if they want things to change. They can start by taking an interest in politics and what's going on - but then if they get all their information from the media they are going to be prey to what the likes of the Murdoch's want to achieve, so it's very difficult.

You can see how important an independent, honest media actually is. This is serious.

Perhaps you gave a higher opinion than me of the electorate. The fact that the Labour Party got a single vote in Rotherham has undermined any faith I had in them. A Labour councillor even stood as a character witness for one of the child rapists!

People don't want the truth, they want their prejudiced opinions and no amount of truth will change that I fear.

Serious question - do you think you could be an honest independent voice?

Good question.

Probably not. But I am not the rabid Labour supporter people think. I do like Corbyn I admit, but I feel I am pushed into defending him because of the sheer stupidity of people who believe everything they hear, and the unfairness of the stuff that's written about him that people simply can't see. That's my biggest grouse. It's insidious and it's dangerous.

I am not sure Corbyn's strong enough to beat the Tories but heaven knows he's trying. And he's trying to change things back in favour of the people rather than the elites. For that he has my support, but I would back anyone trying to do that even if they were conservative.

At the moment I feel we have an illusion of democracy rather than the real thing. And a media that is all too powerful with too many vested interests.

---------- Post added 29-12-2015 at 22:00 ----------

I would suggest Corbyn gets together with his own party first and iron out their differences before taking on Cameron..... perhaps then they could move on from just the protesting party that they are now and on to a challenging party with some good workable alternatives!

And for those that think that Corbyn could match him in a debate you're obviously deluded :hihi:

I agree with the first paragraph, but I believe that's what is actually happening behind the scenes. Remember Corbyn has been in charge for less than 3 months and has a mighty hill to climb.

I disagree with your second paragraph. Cameron might be something of an orator when the speeches are written for him, but in open debate he is weak, and tends to resort to snideness and bullying.

Corbyn's message is distorted at best, and generally, deliberately trashed by the media.

Rubbish.

Jeremy's message is available on his own personal website, in his own words. The only problem is that he stopped updating it six months ago, right at the point when people wanted to hear his opinions.

It seems that Jeremy's a bit of an opinion dodger since then. Maybe you can write to him to ask him to keep us up to date?

http://jeremycorbyn.org.uk/articles/