Blue bin and box collections over Christmas & New Year 2015/16

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how long it takes them to replace a missing bin? Mine was stolen (hard times in the run up to Christmas eh!) last Wednesday and I ordered a new one the same day but no sign of it yet. Just wondering if I should give them a nudge and see where it is?

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how long it takes them to replace a missing bin? Mine was stolen (hard times in the run up to Christmas eh!) last Wednesday and I ordered a new one the same day but no sign of it yet. Just wondering if I should give them a nudge and see where it is?

I had mine nicked too!:roll:

They usually tell you when they'll be bringing it when you phone up. Doesn't normally take long. Yes, give 'em a nudge.

---------- Post added 16-12-2015 at 14:10 ----------

Does anyone know what day black bins are emptied, we just moved to Sheffield and there was no sticker thing on the bins?

Look out for a tag on your bin lid with all new collection dates next collection. We've just got one.

I had mine nicked too!:roll:

They usually tell you when they'll be bringing it when you phone up. Doesn't normally take long. Yes, give 'em a nudge.

---------- Post added 16-12-2015 at 14:10 ----------

Look out for a tag on your bin lid with all new collection dates next collection. We've just got one.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow. I remember I had no blue bin when I moved in, just a box, and I think that came in the next 2 or 3 days. I ordered the new black bin online last week and haven't had an email confirmation or anything, so I'll give them a call.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow. I remember I had no blue bin when I moved in, just a box, and I think that came in the next 2 or 3 days. I ordered the new black bin online last week and haven't had an email confirmation or anything, so I'll give them a call.

You've not 'bin' having much luck have you (can you see what I've done there?)

I hope they replace your bin faster than they do front doors, been waiting 7 months.

• 2 weeks later...