Blue bin and box collections over Christmas & New Year 2015/16

I think they've moved everyone's around to make up for the missed collections on the bank holidays? Ours was emptied yesterday, a day late. I put it out Wednesday (along with everyone else) then noticed a card attached to the handle saying it would be Thursday, so I just left it out (not in the way though). I'm S35 too.

Tag thing on bin said we should have had it emptied today (s5 parson cross) but it never happend

The tag says normal collection thursday 31st dec new collection sunday 3rd jan for black bins.

Blue bins normal collection Thursday 7th jan new collection friday 8th jan.

Edited by jimmy1975
add more info

At Crookes our usual Monday collection has moved to Tuesday for two weeks over the Christmas/New Year period. Nevertheless most people on my road put the bins out last Monday, so I did too (just to be on the safe side) but the collection happened on Tuesday as stated it would. Is it just your bin which has been missed jon&emma, or the whole street? In either event I'd give them a call to report it.

Happy New Year.

In s12 had no tag, black bins collected as normal Christmas Eve, blue ones not collected New Year's Eve but I did see bin lorries out and about.

Only about quarter of street put blue bins out and was talking to neighbour across street about wind blowing them over, she didn't put hers out so presumably knew they weren't being collected but didn't say anything!

Heard they might be collected Sunday don't know why if they were working anyway.

In s12 had no tag, black bins collected as normal Christmas Eve, blue ones not collected New Year's Eve but I did see bin lorries out and about.

Only about quarter of street put blue bins out and was talking to neighbour across street about wind blowing them over, she didn't put hers out so presumably knew they weren't being collected but didn't say anything!

Heard they might be collected Sunday don't know why if they were working anyway.

Ours are the same days as yours and each bin was left with a tag stating it would be emptied Sunday instead of Thursday.

This will be due to them emptying other peoples on Thursday that have been missed over Christmas.

Ours are the same days as yours and each bin was left with a tag stating it would be emptied Sunday instead of Thursday.

This will be due to them emptying other peoples on Thursday that have been missed over Christmas.

They must have run out of tags!

I would have thought moving whoever had missed to Sunday would make sense then only one lot of people have a day change instead of 2.