New Years Honours List

I'm sure I read somewhere that these kind of money saving sites are, or has been investigated for pointing people to certain big companies for 'so-called' cheaper deals.

But I don't think his site does that. He doesn't have a comparison site, he runs a money advice site. Just wondered if I'd missed something as I use his site quite a lot and wasn't aware of anything dubious with it.

But I don't think his site does that. He doesn't have a comparison site, he runs a money advice site. Just wondered if I'd missed something as I use his site quite a lot and wasn't aware of anything dubious with it.

He sold his website to a price comparison business .

• 3 months later...
He sold his website to a price comparison business .

And then gave ten million pounds to charity. He is also a British tax payer.

In all seriousness, in my view anyone who is a Lord, a Knight or whatever and claims tax offshore should have their status revoked.

This includes such characters as Geldof. If he wants to be a Sir he should pay UK income tax on his earnings.

In all seriousness, why any man would want to use the title Sir after the revelations of the last 6 or 7 years seems to me to be astonishing.

It would be interesting to draw up a list of Knights who have been in prison or accused of a serious crime in a court of law.

Indeed, or disturbing details that have come to the knowledge of the wider public posthumously, or who have not done anything 'illegal', according to their spokespersons, but have done plenty that is immoral.

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 19:48 ----------

In all seriousness, in my view anyone who is a Lord, a Knight or whatever and claims tax offshore should have their status revoked.

This includes such characters as Geldof. If he wants to be a Sir he should pay UK income tax on his earnings.

And, of course, Sir Philip Greed.

When Sir Philip Green or Fred The Shred Goodwin can get knighthoods for being crooks it more or less proves the whole honour system to be an anachronism

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 21:41 ----------

And as for Dame Lin Homer...don't get me started. Simpson rather than Lin would have been my choice for both the award, and the job.