60 storey hotel on fire in Dubai

Putting the link back in.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35207451

Can we please have a "conspiracy theory" thread like the politics threads...:) They can lurk in there to their hearts content.

I'd be happy if they had their own forum section for both politics and conspiracy peeps.

It says on the new the authorities are still going ahead with the firework celebrations... not sure what I think of that.

After the precedent has been set---one would think they would have to demolish the building out of concern for safety---in case ALL FALL DOWN.

Sure that will not happen though.

The building code in U.A.E is obviously a lot stricter than in the U.S.

was there only a few weeks ago having a quite beer on the terrace exactly underneath where the fire started, i must say its a bit worrying as there are no roads as such around the front of these buildings to get any sort of appliance and the crowds in that area most days are huge. my daughter who lives there says it is under control but its going to be a hell of a clear up as this is a tourist area. thankful no fatalities so far.