Celebrating our Glorious Leader in her 90th Year.

She doesn't make her own cups of tea, she doesn't cook her own food, she does no cleaning, she never has to go shopping, she never does her own laundry, somebody else buys her clothes, she has a doctor and a team of nurses on call the whole time. She has somebody to clean up the mess when her corgis crap on her carpet (they are badly trained) and somebody who feeds them and takes them for walks. She has multiple residences and each one is staffed by an army of people who ensure that she has to do little else than breathe.

Her public appointments are concentrated so that she clears several in one day. This means that she has to do maybe half the year at 'work' which mostly involved being transported in luxury cars, trains and planes to talk to people.

Then replicate that entire support mechanism for other royals who are permitted to retain their own personal staffs. After the queen the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles are the next most pampered.

If our Queen can work so hard at 90 why do we insist on retiring people in their sixties and then paying them pensions? This is bankrupting our Country. We just can't afford all the old people. Why can't everyone work like Our Queen until they die?

When I retired, a younger man took my job. Someone younger than he took his. At the end of the chain, there was an opening for a trainee to start climbing the job ladder.

If I had stayed on, that trainee vacancy would never have occurred -- would that poor lad/lass still be applying for work, and maybe collecting the dole, thereby bankrupting the country?

When I retired, a younger man took my job. Someone younger than he took his. At the end of the chain, there was an opening for a trainee to start climbing the job ladder.

If I had stayed on, that trainee vacancy would never have occurred -- would that poor lad/lass still be applying for work, and maybe collecting the dole, thereby bankrupting the country?

That's not really the way the economy works on a large scale.

She is good at 89 and carried out 341 engagements in the last year. What excuse can anyone younger than her have for not working?

Met one of her hairdressers on holiday last year, if anything is dropped from the dining table, we would pick it up but her hairdresser said she calls for a flunky to pick it up, this behaviour is inbred within their family. My Mother was up at 04:30 every morning to get to work for 06:00, when snow prevented her catching a bus to work, she walked it all the way to Millhouses from the Manor, she had to wash dirty clothes on a Saturday as she worked Sunday morning too, she cleaned the house, prepared hot meals for us every day, seven of us. Nobody cooked food for us, fetched or carried for her or prepared her day for her. Her in the Palace doesn't do anything physical, she travels 1st class. People retire at 65 usually because their bodies are worn out with physical hard work and the work they had to do at home, just when did the Queen last scrub her front door step or wash Phillips clothes, clean the bathroom, these are jobs my Mother did besides working 45 hours per week.

Edited by lazarus

Met one of her hairdressers on holiday last year, if anything is dropped from the dining table, we would pick it up but her hairdresser said she calls for a flunky to pick it up, this behaviour is inbred within their family. My Mother was up at 04:30 every morning to get to work for 06:00, when snow prevented her catching a bus to work, she walked it all the way to Millhouses from the Manor, she had to wash dirty clothes on a Saturday as she worked Sunday morning too, she cleaned the house, prepared hot meals for us every day, seven of us. Nobody cooked food for us, fetched or carried for her or prepared her day for her. Her in the Palace doesn't do anything physical, she travels 1st class. People retire at 65 usually because their bodies are worn out with physical hard work and the work they had to do at home, just when did the Queen last scrub her front door step or wash Phillips clothes, clean the bathroom, these are jobs my Mother did besides working 45 hours per week.

And that is why most of us peg out well before ANY of the "royals" would. Must say though, many of the "celebrities" Bruce Forsyth for instance have a long life, probably because they have never done a days WORK in their lives. Just saying.

Angel1

And that is why most of us peg out well before ANY of the "royals" would. Must say though, many of the "celebrities" Bruce Forsyth for instance have a long life, probably because they have never done a days WORK in their lives. Just saying.

Angel1

Hang on....you could say (by your reasoning) that Cilla Black never WORKED, yet died before her time.

My father grafted his whole working life, enjoyed retirement and lived until his 90th year.

It's really not about being "royal"....

Life is a gamble.

Just enjoy it while it lasts.....no one knows when the end will come.