Imac issues need sorting

JAZZOMAN

Buy a real PC, problem solved.

There's not much between them now other than the OS, you have been able to install Windows directly on a Mac for about 10 or so years now...

and a MAC might be more suited to some users depending on what they use it for...

Buy a real PC, problem solved.

I used to be ignorant like you, then I got my first iPad, than MacBook Air and recently iMac. PCs aren't a patch on them.

I did put Windows on the iMac, thinking I would need it now I retired my PC. I can't remember the last time I switched to Windows, just don't see the point at all.

I used to be ignorant like you, then I got my first iPad, than MacBook Air and recently iMac. PCs aren't a patch on them.

I did put Windows on the iMac, thinking I would need it now I retired my PC. I can't remember the last time I switched to Windows, just don't see the point at all.

We have a support dept at work specifically for our apple product users. I had to spend a week helping out.

Given that 95% of our building is Win-PC, in that week I spent more time "supporting" those users than I normally do.

Apple have nothing of substance anymore. The earlier products, under Wozniak, were good for what they were designed for but post 2000 it's all been vainity lead.

Even Hollywood have abandoned using Apple for animation/CGI work.

And then there's the cost. For the costs of 1 Mac Air I can buy 2 good laptops, capable of more than the Mac.

post 2000 it's all been vanity lead.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Resident. In the past I was duped by all the rhetoric about Apple being superior and better to use. I bought one and got shut within six months - it was a waste of money and I was glad to see the back of it. Judging by all the fairly new machines always being sold on eBay lots of folk have the same opinion. IMHO they are vastly over priced and quite honestly not worth the money. I didn't do anything better on mine than I currently do on my Windows 7 laptop. In fact there are quite a few useful features on this one that the Apple didn't have and I was constantly on the lookout to find substitutes. Apple machines are (to me, anyway) beginning to look very dated - they always look the same whatever upgrade they come up with.

As for the OP - he seems to have enough information on the thread to get his machine fixed.

We have a support dept at work specifically for our apple product users. I had to spend a week helping out.

Given that 95% of our building is Win-PC, in that week I spent more time "supporting" those users than I normally do.

Apple have nothing of substance anymore. The earlier products, under Wozniak, were good for what they were designed for but post 2000 it's all been vainity lead.

Even Hollywood have abandoned using Apple for animation/CGI work.

And then there's the cost. For the costs of 1 Mac Air I can buy 2 good laptops, capable of more than the Mac.

Apple have never been brilliant in the workplace, except in their support for graphics and audio software, it has always been a well known fact that they were poor to fit into a corporate IT structure, but that isn't what we are talking about here. We're talking about a home-user with an iMac. I have an iMac, it is astonishing and I am pleased as chips with it. As are most other people I know that have actually got one.

As for it being a vanity object, it really isn't. The build quality of Apple products far exceeds that of any PC competitors that operate on a similar scale (Dell and co). I am typing this on a 2013 Macbook Air, it works brilliantly and has never missed a beat, the keyboard is very comfortable, the touchpad works like a charm. I also have a 2013 Toshiba laptop at home (Had that before I got the Air of my father-in-law), that was indeed half the price. After trying to get used to that for half a year I gave up, terrible machine, terrible screen, terrible keyboard, terrible touchpad, a quarter of the battery life.

There is no doubt that Apple products suit someone better than others, but dismissing the whole brand because you have some bad support experiences at work is very short sighted.