Croats in Sheffield?( and couple of questions)

yeah, i know what you mean, but my wife already works in Sheffield as self employed, and we were planing to leave Croatia for a long time, because economomic situation here, hopelessness, corruption and so on.

Edited by Guest

Welcome to Sheffield and Sheffield Forum - hope you will continue to visit the forum when you are resident

I've looked up Bluecoat Rise, which is just off Psalters Lane - you've chosen a nice area of Sheffield which is a good start.

It's also a good location to for shopping / restaurants and also going for a run

From Bluecoats Rise, turn left on Brincliffe Gardens and then left again onto Psalters Lane. Follow Psalters Lane up the hill until it joins Ecclesall Road South at the traffic lights

At this point you can turn right to access all the shops and restaurants on Ecclesall Road - keep going down the hill and beyond the roundabout for a lot more shops and places to eat

if you turn left at the traffic lights, follow the road about 200 metres you can turn right onto Ringinglow Road to go out onto the moors for a run - you will be out in open countryside in about 10 minutes from home.

I hope you soon settle into Sheffield life

Welcome to Sheffield! It's a great place to live. Just down the road from you is Endcliffe Park, which is great for running, but for 10-15km you may want to head west along the Porter Brook river, there is a good path most of the way.

You may like to join a running club so that you can get out with other people who will know lots of different routes. Hallamshire Harriers is a good club, as is Steel City Striders, but there are lots of others.

There are lots of great places to eat - far too many to list - it really just depends what you like and what is your budget.

Good luck with the move!

yeah, i know what you mean, but my wife already works in Sheffield as self employed, and we were planing to leave Croatia for a long time, because economomic situation here, hopelessness, corruption and so on.

:suspect:

Welcome to Sheffield...

... you will soon be made to feel at home here! ;)

:suspect:

Welcome to Sheffield...

... you will soon be made to feel at home here! ;)

My Bold

I dont think he wants it to feel like home

Quote from post 1

we were planing to leave Croatia for a long time, because economomic situation here, hopelessness, corruption and so on.

Thank you guys, you are really all friendly here:)

Just one more thing. Is Sheffield safe in terms, "go out after dark"?

I mean, is ti safe to go for a run or walk after dark?

My wife told me that its lot safer then some other cities?

Thank you guys, you are really all friendly here:)

Just one more thing. Is Sheffield safe in terms, "go out after dark"?

I mean, is ti safe to go for a run or walk after dark?

My wife told me that its lot safer then some other cities?

It's as safe as any other city in the UK. Great place, great people and hopefully a better way of life for you and your family.

I can see you are looking forward to coming and your wife is already here, and u do hope you will interact with the locals, as well as teaching your way of life to them , and bring some Pag cheese with you!!!!

Welcome!!!