Anyone remember the tunnel off manor oaks rd 1960s

there used to be a tunnel on a lane from the quarry on sky edge down to the old bit of manor oaks rd, in the late 50s/ 60s and some sort of building at the top, eventually used by scrap men, i used to climb up the tunnel face as a kid, do you remember it and can you throw any light on it? thanks:help:

Hi, I can remember the tunnel, it was just at the bend in Manor Oaks Rd, coming up from City rd, I have been down it a short distance, and can remember that it was brick built, and looked rather like a small train tunnel, I was also given a roasting from my Dad for going near it, as he said it was unsafe. The entrance was covered by council landscaping sometime in the mid sixties, but I feel confident that I could still locate the position of it now, the scrap yard at the top of the hill was run by a man called "Belchy" he was a mate of my dads, and quite a character,

hope this helps,

cheers, Intitot

Archived