Beginner Biking Routes

Hello All

Considering getting in to biking, as I find the gym often a little boring alone, and whilst I swim often (unfortunately not at all over the past couple of months) I would like to take up something else as it can get a bit repetitive doing the same thing over and over in the pool.

Before I begin taking advantage of the January sales, I have done some slight research on the bikes etc

I am now looking for some beginner style routes around Sheffield. Often in the summer I head out in to Ringinglow and the surrounding areas for walks etc, and there are a few fairly basic routes out there that are mainly flat that would be pretty good, however at this time of year and with my poor fitness level it would be a good idea to remain a little closer to home in Sheffield.

Any suggestions would be helpful :D

Thanks

take your bike to places like Tapton Lock at Chesterfield, the canal towpath is cycle friendly. As is the Tissington Trail, with lots of access points, or the old Bakewell to Buxton line, park at Hassop...... around Ladybower is pretty good too.

Hello All

Considering getting in to biking, as I find the gym often a little boring alone, and whilst I swim often (unfortunately not at all over the past couple of months) I would like to take up something else as it can get a bit repetitive doing the same thing over and over in the pool.

Before I begin taking advantage of the January sales, I have done some slight research on the bikes etc

I am now looking for some beginner style routes around Sheffield. Often in the summer I head out in to Ringinglow and the surrounding areas for walks etc, and there are a few fairly basic routes out there that are mainly flat that would be pretty good, however at this time of year and with my poor fitness level it would be a good idea to remain a little closer to home in Sheffield.

Any suggestions would be helpful :D

Thanks

Rother Valley and the Trans-Pennine trail are a really good way to start.