Has anyone been on holiday to Llandudno ?

It's a dump round there! Miles and miles of dilapidated holiday caravans and 'amusement' arcades. Shantytown. All the top bit of Wales is, until you get to Anglesey, which is lovely.

Going down the left side of Wales again, it's fairly okay, 'til you get past Aberystwyth when it gets a lot better. South coast's better with places like Laugharne and Llansteffan (Tenby's picturesque, but a bit candy-flossy) … even Pendine. I did the whole lot last year in the Alcomobile™ so I know what I'm on about. :thumbsup:

It's a dump round there! Miles and miles of dilapidated holiday caravans and 'amusement' arcades. Shantytown. All the top bit of Wales is, until you get to Anglesey, which is lovely.

Going down the left side of Wales again, it's fairly okay, 'til you get past Aberystwyth when it gets a lot better. South coast's better with places like Laugharne and Llansteffan (Tenby's picturesque, but a bit candy-flossy) … even Pendine. I did the whole lot last year in the Alcomobile™ so I know what I'm on about. :thumbsup:

You're right alco.theres a lot better on the welsh coast,depends what you want from the holiday.

You're right alco.theres a lot better on the welsh coast,depends what you want from the holiday.

I know, and I've had the pleasure of meeting Pattricia a few times at various evening and lunchtime functions, and can only describe her as a woman, nay … 'lady' of the highest sophistication, morals and sensibilities.

A sojourn in the top half of Wales (apart from Anglesey) would, I fear, be her very undoing … what with all the 'Kiss me quick' hats, dodgem cars, George Clooney Heritage Centre, and various other atrocities injurious to the well formed mind.

Note also, that 'Llandudno' is spelt with the same two 'L's as those in 'Hell'. :o

Llandudno is the largest place in North West Wales.

Much more accessible by bus road and rail than South or West Wales.

Young children and older adults will like it more.

South shore is quieter and sandier.

Penmaenmawr, Llanfairfechan beaches and Conwy Castle are short bus/train rides away.Welsh Mountain Zoo is brilliant.

County cricket at Colwyn Bay

Aber falls, Sychnat pass and Bettws y Coed for the hills.

On doorstep of National Park

Welsh Mountain Zoo is brilliant.

Bleanau Ffestiniog for slate mines and steam railways.

Longest zip wire in UK at Bethesda.

Anglesey and Lleyn Peninsula beaches.

Snowdon Mountain Railway.

Stop off at Chester Zoo on the way.

Foods' crap as is Colwyn Bay, Rhyl, Prestatyn etc

I know, and I've had the pleasure of meeting Pattricia a few times at various evening and lunchtime functions, and can only describe her as a woman, nay … 'lady' of the highest sophistication, morals and sensibilities.

A sojourn in the top half of Wales (apart from Anglesey) would, I fear, be her very undoing … what with all the 'Kiss me quick' hats, dodgem cars, George Clooney Heritage Centre, and various other atrocities injurious to the well formed mind.

Note also, that 'Llandudno' is spelt with the same two 'L's as those in 'Hell'. :o

This post is so funny ! I am a lady and Llandudno may not be my cup of tea ! It's becoz I isn't fick innit ?:loopy: