Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

Glad you got your tickets Mad'un.

What was harder getting the tickets or finding this thread to tell us all about it :P

Jazzy, Brooksy and Crooksey just post on the Blades thread now ;)

Wouldn't know how to get on it cb, anyway if I did manage to I would miss you as you are always on this one. :P

Did you hear about the blunt who was always spitting? We told him to stop but he just carried on spitting, we even gave him a good clipping but it made no difference. In the end we had no alternative but to take him off the barbecue. :thumbsup:

Morning boys & girls. Just thought i'd make a quick post bigging up Our Lord Brian Laws [crosses chest]. Was holding back (and to a certain extent, still am) from heaping praise on him for recent form as I feel Sean Macauley was the catalist for it all. However, I feel the way that a football manager comes across is just as important as results. Boy is talking a lot of sense of late & it is good to hear, 'not getting too carried away with it all', 'let them worry about us' & 'we know their dangers but i'm sure they know ours'.

As a football manager I think it's vital that they (at least) appear to have common sense. Just look at Norwich's manager calling the fans a disgrace! If he is capable of pi*sing the fans off in one fell swoop, just imagine what his effect on the players will be day-in day-out. And I don't need to say anything about Colin really, do i? :hihi:

So here's to more of the same, a glorius victory tomorrow & indeed for the rest of the season. Get behind the lads & up those beautiful Owls!! :thumbsup:

C'MON!!!

Considering that he's DONE exactly what you hope Laws will be able to do, then no; you don't need to say anything about him, just hope Laws can emulate him.

Why on God's Earth would we want our manager to have ANY of Colin's traits!? As Satan's representative on this world (& a complete tosser) why would we want Laws to:

- talk sh*t

- suffix EVERYONES name with a 'y'. See: Monty, Quinny, Toungey, Geary & Jags

- talk sh*t

- pretend he's best mates with all his 'fellow Premiership managers' when he's never met them. "I had a good laugh with Sir Alex..." (He's laughing AT you, nobhead!)

- talk sh*t

- blame the refs for every bad result

- talk sh*t

- Be a Blade!

- talk sh*t

- drive a tractor

- talk sh*t

- take ten years to do it

- And basically talk sh*t

Yes, he might have got you promoted (I personally still don't believe it happenend) but I rather Laws do it without talking sh*t, sacrificing goats & touching boys!

OK?

Why on God's Earth would we want our manager to have ANY of Colin's traits!? As Satan's representative on this world (& a complete tosser) why would we want Laws to:

- talk sh*t

- suffix EVERYONES name with a 'y'. See: Monty, Quinny, Toungey, Geary & Jags

Yes he got you promoted but I rather Laws do it without talking sh*t, sacrificing goats & touching boys!

OK?

Be hard to suffix Tudguay and Folly even for Sir Neil :D

And that last bit Jazzy, The way i am reading it is that you rather Laws do it without talking sh*t, scarificing goats and touching boys :o :o Like he is now I take it :D

Congrats to the Lads!

Wednesday have received the presitgious LMA Award for the 'Performance of the Week' in their 4-1 drubbing of Leicester City last weekend.

The League Managers Association's five-man panel, including chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, agreed the four-star Owls performance at the Walkers stadium deserved the F&C Investments award.

Wednesday boss Brian Laws has received the specially engraved award from officials this week, and the presentation will be shown on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday show this weekend.

After the clash, Laws said: 'Funnily enough we had a great shooting session in training on Thursday but I certainly wasn't expecting anything like this. The penalty aside, they were three of the best goals I've seen in a long time.

'You are usually lucky to see one of those but we've scored three and that's amazing. We may have been comfortable but we still had to work hard for it.'

Here's to another likewise performance against Norwich :thumbsup:

Congrats to the Lads!

Wednesday have received the presitgious LMA Award for the 'Performance of the Week' in their 4-1 drubbing of Leicester City last weekend.

The League Managers Association's five-man panel, including chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, agreed the four-star Owls performance at the Walkers stadium deserved the F&C Investments award.

Wednesday boss Brian Laws has received the specially engraved award from officials this week, and the presentation will be shown on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday show this weekend.

After the clash, Laws said: 'Funnily enough we had a great shooting session in training on Thursday but I certainly wasn't expecting anything like this. The penalty aside, they were three of the best goals I've seen in a long time.

'You are usually lucky to see one of those but we've scored three and that's amazing. We may have been comfortable but we still had to work hard for it.'

Here's to another likewise performance against Norwich :thumbsup:

Well earned and well awarded.

I was almost ready to say "Up the Owls" but managed to check myself in time. :thumbsup:

Archived