Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

Congratulations to Marcus Tudgay who has been voted the club's EAD Player of the Month for the second successive month.

BRIAN Laws is ordering wildly-optimistic Sheffield Wednesday fans to cut out the "silly talk".

Wednesday's big improvement since the sacking of Paul Sturrock and a run of just one defeat in nine matches, has raised the hopes of their fans who had been fearing a relegation struggle earlier this season.

With the team standing five points off a play-off place before today's trip to Norwich there is talk that a play-off bid could be realistic.

However, it is those who are talking of a possible top two challenge and, therefore, automatic promotion that have had the Owls boss applying the brake.

"Yes, expectations have been raised but to be going on about automatic promotion is just silly talk," said Laws.

"When you start winning games it gives rise to optimism, people talk about a feelgood factor around the place and among the fans again and, suddenly, there's a lot more confidence.

"But you need to have some realism as well. You don't want to put on unnecessary pressure because you can set yourself up for a major disappointment.

"Let's enjoy it right now, enjoy what the team's doing and let's get through a difficult month, into January and see what the situation is then.

"I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm after what we've done recently but don't let's get carried away and start talking about automatic promotion.

"I do think it is important that we concentrate solely on the next game and don't look too far ahead."

Owls beat Canaries

Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Norwich

:clap::banana::clap::banana::clap::banana:

A Lee Camp own goal put the Owls ahead and Deon Burton pounced before Dion Dublin headed the Canaries back into the game.

"Cos we all follow the Wednesday" :thumbsup:

OK there are some pretty hard games coming up that will maybe stop Wednesday's run of good results.

Birmingham H

Southampton H

Stoke A

Birmingham are also on a great run of form at the moment so it should be a great match and a big crowd. I'd settle for a draw.

Southampton is a game Wednesday should be most confident of getting all three points.

Stoke I can see might be a slippery one but it depends on how the last 2 results have gone really.

What do you guys think?

By the way I'm really envious of all the Wednesdayites who are able to see the games. It really is torture listening to the commentry sometimes :help:

Congratulations once again to the boys for another cracking victory - where will it end? I really can't believe this run at the moment, it is a fantastic thing to actually take a real pride in your team again. However...

...without wanting to tarnish ANYTHING, this run is simply us catching up lost ground. I feel the next three games, Saturday especially, will be a 'make or break' situation. If we are serious about promotion this season, the performance this weekend will go a long way to justifying our hopes.

Personally though, I feel we have absolutely nothing to worry about. We play the way we have been & we will get the result. Sure other teams have got better squads but as we see time & time again this season, that means nowt compared to team spirit & good work ethic. Don't know whether anyone saw the players' reaction after Bougherra's goal? He sprinted half way down the pitch to crush Laws in a bear hug followed by almost the entire team flying in. Far brought a tear to me eye that did...Exciting times lay ahead!

C'MON YOU BLUES!! :thumbsup:

What's strange is that the "penalty / no, he was off-side first" decision would probably not have gone our way in August / September. Another great win for the boys, but let's not get too carried away and have the "promotion certs" mentality. 3 months ago we'd have been happy with survival. I'm just enjoying it like you wouldn't believe at the moment.

QUESTION FOR OWLS AND BLADES FANS:::::::

How upsetting would it be if Leeds went down again ?

How upsetting would it be if Leeds went down again ?

Devastating...truly devasta...Hooo, haaaa, hoooooo, haaaa, haaaaaaaaa, hhooooooo - bye Dennis, bye Gus, bye Ken - be sure to have fun down there. :hihi: I don't like laughing at others' misfortunes but it is Leeds isn't it?..or United...or France...or Australia - any of them are fair game really.

Archived