Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

The bank will decide for you about rethinking your selling attitude.

We were basically hostages to the bank manager since building the new stand in 1975 and getting relegated the same season.

That noose was around the Blades neck for over 25 years :gag:

CB I recall that the TC money from Leeds paid for the new stand, check it out. On the question of sales, our best couple of players might just fetch £1million each with a couple more fetching around £500,000 each. That would be the end of our season though with relegation being more probable than promotion. I don't see the bank coming up with any "sell your best players" instructions as promotion could clear the debt.

If we are in a near to top six position in January promotion will be a possibility, and don't concern yourself over our defence because we have started to score our way out of trouble.

The future is bright, infact it's blue and white. :D

CB I recall that the TC money from Leeds paid for the new stand, check it out.

If we are in a near to top six position in January promotion will be a possibility, and don't concern yourself over our defence because we have started to score our way out of trouble.

We sold TC to Leeds for 250,000 and although that paid off some of the debt to the bank for the new stand with us getting relegated we were basically a crippled club and it took years to recover and thats part of the reason we have had to be a selling club till now.

I havent concerned myself over YOUR defence Crookesey, I was laughing at the Leicester and Norwich defences (DREADFULL) :gag:

Hopefully my 2nd cousin Luke Gets a crack up front again when you have to sell a few players :D

Regards CB

We sold TC to Leeds for 250,000 and although that paid off some of the debt to the bank for the new stand with us getting relegated we were basically a crippled club and it took years to recover and thats part of the reason we have had to be a selling club till now.

I havent concerned myself over YOUR defence Crookesey, I was laughing at the Leicester and Norwich defences (DREADFULL) :gag:

Hopefully my 2nd cousin Luke Gets a crack up front again when you have to sell a few players :D

Regards CB

I was attempting applied mathematics in that our North Stand cost £100,000 in circa 65/66 and just thought that £250,000 would have been about right for yours. £250,000 now buys a terraced house off Ecclesall Road by the way, daft int it? :confused:

Wondered what you meant re the defence but thought that it just might be some dastardly colonial plot to get me ranting. ;)

Regards

Crookesey

Yeah cheers, Anoni. Apologies for being a miserable sod but I am, so that's how it comes out. :)

Only joking. COME ON YOU BLUE & WHITE WIZARDS!!

Don't let me down in my hour of need!

Hey, don't worry about it.If it wasn't for the ketamine, I'd be as miserable as the next man:P

COME ON YOU MIGHTY OWLS!!

Fancy us for at least a draw tomorrow!Famous last words!!

Hey, don't worry about it.If it wasn't for the ketamine, I'd be as miserable as the next man:P

COME ON YOU MIGHTY OWLS!!

Fancy us for at least a draw tomorrow!Famous last words!!

Haa, haa! 'Proper luv a bit o' bit o' Special K me!' :confused: The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. :)

A 3-0 defeat for the Owls :mad: The result is very flattering for the Brum as Wednesday really did more than match them on the pitch. Unfortunately the luck in front of goal wasn't with them today.

Never mind, the lads can take much heart from their performance against the league leaders.

Up The Owls! :thumbsup:

Archived