Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

He still aint ugly enough to join the classics like Dane Sh*tehouse, Brian Gayle, Brian Deane, Alan Cork, Carl Bradshaw etc...and to top it off with the ugliest managers ever as well from Dave Baskett to Colin Wa*ker. :hihi: :hihi:

He still aint ugly enough to join the classics like Dane Sh*tehouse, Brian Gayle, Brian Deane, Alan Cork, Carl Bradshaw etc...and to top it off with the ugliest managers ever as well from Dave Baskett to Colin Wa*ker. :hihi: :hihi:

How could you possibly make a joke about ugly United players and not mention Chris Morgan? ...even before his two black eyes :hihi:

We love you Crossley we do

Sheff Wed 3-3 Southampton

Sheffield Wednesday keeper Mark Crossley headed a last-gasp leveller from Chris Brunt's corner to cap an Owls comeback against Southampton.

Grzegorz Rasiak shot Saints ahead after 14 minutes and Kenwyne Jones headed a second 12 minutes later.

Glenn Whelan's drive pulled a goal back for Wednesday before half-time, but Bradley Wright-Phillips' low shot made it three after 50 minutes.

Whelan scored his second to give the Owls hope before Crossley struck.

Match report courtesy of the BBC. I would have put it in my own words but I'm at blooming work!!!!

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

well done on getting a point.......at home......promotion form eh:rolleyes:

Well done on getting nowt at Portsmouth today, relegation form eh :hihi:

Anyway onto more important matters the game today. Southampton are a good team and will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but both defences looked a bit suspect today. After playing Birmingham off the park last week this week was totally different, we couldn't string more than 2 passes together all match and gave the ball away in some very dangerous positions. Of course we had the obligatory Bougherra balls-up but thats to be expected every game although he almost made up for it with that overhead kick that brought a full stretch save from the keeper! I'm not knocking Bougherra coz he is a class act but he does give you a heart-attack the way he plays.

Sloppy defending for all three of their goals. Bale was left to run down the left and pass to Rasiak who was allowed to turn in the box in what seemed like acres of time and space and slot a shot into the top right corner, then an easy header from a corner from Jones and the Bougherra mistake for Wright-Phillips. Still Whelan's two goals were great finishes. Everyone will go on about the 2nd goal (the volley) but his first showed a he has a cool head. I was right in line with him and thought he was gonna hit it first time but he noticed the defender coming across sold him a dummy then just cooly passed it into the net (take note Brunt!!).

As for Crossley well what can i say! Earlier on in the game he got all Jonny Wilkinson and brought out one of those plastic stand thingys to put the ball on a la rugby until the linesman spotted it and told the ref who got rid of it. Then a bit of banter with the Kop over it got everyone laughing and up came the first Crossley chant. Then the goal he ran up to halfway then stopped looking at the bench for advise then sort of thought 'sod it, i'm off'. He timed his run to perfection and headed the ball into the top of the net taking about 2 of their defenders with em which sent Hillsborough crazy :D All those who went early, well hard lines it's your own stupid fault for giving up on em and going 'just to miss the traffic'. Can never understand people who do that, you wouldn't leave a film/concert early just to miss the traffic!

Anyway not the greatest performance, Whelan was by far the Man of the Match, but it's another point on the board.

Happy Christmas all my fellow Owls now on to Stoke this Boxing Day.

Archived