Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

Crossley's spectacular intervention:D

Crossley stunned Southampton by snatching a last-gasp 3-3 draw :D

Glenn Whelan twice gave Wednesday hope with a goal in each half before Crossley, headed home Chris Brunt's corner in the 92nd minute to rescue a point:D

I thought that Wednesday made the brighter start with Whelan twice going close with long-range shots in the opening 10 minutes:thumbsup:

Southampton, snatched the lead against the run of play.

Whelan fired home left-footed into the bottom corner from just inside the area,

Wednesday made two changes - Andrews on for Yoann Folly and Steve MacLean for Deon Burton, in the 69th minute Whelan slammed home a spectacular volley.

All those who went early

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

You missed a Magical Wednesday Moment!:hihi:

see you at stoke Boxing day!!

errrrr reality check....you dropped 2 points...not hard to please the fans of our poor relations is it

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

These Blunts make me laugh, you just see the result as 3-3 but that doesn't tell the whole story, just like last week.

BLUNT REALITY CHECK - The way the game panned out, going 2-0 then 3-1 down, and coming back to snatch a last minute draw against a team that has won it's last 4 away matches and lost 1 in the last 10 (beating Birmingham in that time). Now i'd think that was more a point gained then two points lost, i'm sure it happened a few times to our porcine friends last season which helped them gain promotion (seem to remember a few late goals towards the end of the season) but hey 1 point is better than none at all :hihi:.

So happy at United losing that he missed the fact that Wednesday dropped two home points.

Anyways, good on Crossley

I couldn't give two monkeys about how your lot did today, i suppose i got lured in by cliffords trotter dangling in our thread that i had to take a bite!

These Blunts make me laugh, you just see the result as 3-3 but that doesn't tell the whole story, just like last week.

BLUNT REALITY CHECK - The way the game panned out, going 2-0 then 3-1 down, and coming back to snatch a last minute draw against a team that has won it's last 4 away matches and lost 1 in the last 10 (beating Birmingham in that time). Now i'd think that was more a point gained then two points lost, i'm sure it happened a few times to our porcine friends last season which helped them gain promotion (seem to remember a few late goals towards the end of the season) but hey 1 point is better than none at all :hihi:.

I couldn't give two monkeys about how your lot did today, i suppose i got lured in by cliffords trotter dangling in our thread that i had to take a bite!

Well, to say that it was the first thing you said on you post belies that statement.

And it's still 2 home points dropped, however you want to rationalize it.

Now lets see, you guys got 1 point from 2 home games and we got 3 points from 2 away games and we're relegation fodder ? :huh:

We've played two inform teams, you have not.

Have you seen Pompey's home form, not to mention their league position?

Some of you beggar belief, you really do .....

Anyway, good point really for you lot today, and what a way to get it. Consolidate this year, and we'll see you in the top flight in the 2008/9 season ...... have a drunken one, one and all .......

We've played two inform teams, you have not.

Hello, Premiership calling to Championship on Earth here !!!

Apples and oranges can be applied here.

Where the h**l do you think that Portsmouth are in this division. Wigan aren't doing too bad either.

Do you receive the top tier results on your planet ?

Well, to say that it was the first thing you said on you post belies that statement.

And it's still 2 home points dropped, however you want to rationalize it.

It was the first thing on the post so i could get that comedian out of the way before talking about the match. Yes it's 2 points dropped but the way it panned out it was a lot better than losing all 3!! Look were gonna be going round in circles. All the Blunts i know are always of the 'glass half empty' kind anyway so they would say it is 2 points dropped and not a point gained.

Now lets see, you guys got 1 point from 2 home games and we got 3 points from 2 away games and we're relegation fodder ? :huh:

What so 2 points off the bottom 3 doesn't mean you are in relegation trouble? Oh course i forget those teams you've beaten recently Charlton, Watford & Wigan wasn't it? Yes well done for beating them but unfortunately for you, you don't get to play them every week. Lets hope Colin spends well in the transfer window eh just like last year with Badbye, Horsemuck and Lucketti.

Archived