Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

No team unless your Brazil, my old team! can ever expect to win all games, even in a good run. Wednesdays good run is still there, ok a result that kicks you in the teeth as football does. It brings you down to earth! It makes the players think!

The big test is if they don't win at Hillsborough much & how fans will react! I don't think this will happen as we are more positive than we used to be, but the xmas period is physically hard on the legs believe me! You play one day & the next, your recovering & then you gotta do it 100% again is physically hard, no matter how fit you are!

Hull may have been more physicaly there as the high isn't as big & expectancy as SWFC, never the less, 1 of the Hull goals was deffinately offside!

Rom

Must say todays performance was the worst i've seen since Colchester.

Why drop MacLean whos scored in his past two games?

Why drop Andrews who scored at Barnsley?

Why play Yoann Folly on the right - he's NOT an attacking midfielder.

Hopefully Laws will realise he made a mistake and won't affect our march to promotion.

Why drop MacLean whos scored in his past two games?

Why drop Andrews who scored at Barnsley?

Those two might simply be a case of having to rest players due to four games in ten days ... that doesn't explain putting players out of position, of course. :huh:

Why drop McClean, it might have been a chat they had together now at least we have 3 scoring forwards & we can interchange!

Maybe dropping Andrews & Maclean was like saying others can come in & do a job as high confidence, but i'm not sure! Maclean should have played from start today & Andrews too. If anything, droppng Tudgay was the thing to do.

Every player has to go through the same thing though, if they NEEDED to be rested I think we've got another problem. Both players should easily be upto match fitness by now.

Overly high confidence looks like the more likely option though - unfortunately.

Hopefully Laws will learn from this mistake - other than today he's impressed me so far. His tactics and persona have been spot on.

Every player has to go through the same thing though, if they NEEDED to be rested I think we've got another problem. Both players should easily be upto match fitness by now.

Overly high confidence looks like the more likely option though - unfortunately.

Hopefully Laws will learn from this mistake - other than today he's impressed me so far. His tactics and persona have been spot on.

Is it possible that this game was Laws first stab at his own tactics after taking on the job and he's made a balls of it?

The team was already on a winning streak after the departure of Rab and prior to Laws arrival.

Not that I care one way or the other but it's a valid question.

Is it possible that this game was Laws first stab at his own tactics after taking on the job and he's made a balls of it?

The team was already on a winning streak after the departure of Rab and prior to Laws arrival.

Not that I care one way or the other but it's a valid question.

I think you should stick to thinking why your manager changed a winning team (yes i know you had players returning from a flu bug), not that i care one way or the other but its a valid question. Oh wait i forget your more bothered about the 'invincible' Owls aren't you. Still nice to know you care, see you soon!

Oh and CB why do you want to see the Leeds goals ;)

Two goals from Barmby condemned Wednesday to a 2-1 defeat. Hull had the edge, Barmby beat the offside trap in the eighth minute Burton got a goal back for us shooting low from the edge of the penalty area Hull grabbed the winner and the 3 points thanks to a second from Barmby, our defence was poor...:suspect:

we played poor...:suspect:

back down to earh with a bump?:suspect:

we didnt play like the same team we were at stoke/Barnsley..... Poor, Poor, to much xmas pud? or just too many games over xmas...... i think the"tactics" of the game were to blame??

Archived