Wednesday Chat #2 - Discuss the Owls here

Sturrock said if we stayed up it would be a greater achievement than last year. With the resources, luck, referees and injuries we have had this season I think he's right.

We are now just 201 behind Norwich in the best attendances table.(ITV Football Statistics) Their last home game is against Wolves so I think they will have a full house. It is a brilliant achievement to finish second but it would be great to finish top. They have no other clubs to compete with within 50 odd miles and came down last year expecting to win this league and with million-pound players to watch. We were 2 divisions below them last year, are running on a shoestring and have been fighting relegation all season only scoring 36 goals. It is astonishing we are so close but as we are I appeal to all Wednesdayites to bring a friend to the Reading match to congratulate PS and the squad, join in a carnival atmosphere and push us to the top of the attendance table.

WELL DONE THE OWLS !!!!!

Wonder when was the last time both sets of fans were celebrating at the end of the season, (albeit for different reasons).

Congrats Blades, I've got a lot of friends who are unitedites, so I'm pleased for them.

But I'm double pleased for us, after all the injuries etc. Well done Paul Sturrock.

Do all Wednesday fans have no fingernails left, like me.

Hi all,

Another blade here, but just wanted to say well done to Wednesday. I think given the injuries and the fact the championship is a difficult and often unpredictable divison its a massive achievement to stay up. Lets hope its the first step to a Sheffield Premiership derby in the future!:thumbsup:

DS

Walk with your back to the wall m8 :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Regards CB

Walk with mi back to the wall.....:huh: not a chance mate...Cos WE ARE STAYIN UP!! i would not have missed that match for the world mate.... both set of sheffield fans happy at the end of season for the first time.... maybe???:hihi:

Well done Wednesday - but Sturrocks got to get busy in the summer so you can enjoy next season.

Starting to get ready for the party tonight, love to thrash Leeds good style, and score one with your lots name on it.

We all hate Leeds and leeds and leeds ....................................

'SHEFFIELD Wednesday are bidding to end the season as the best-supported team in the Championship.

The Owls are a close second to Norwich's table-topping average of 24,992, by a margin of only 250.

Another bumper Hillsborough attendance for tomorrow's visit of champions Reading to follow last week's outstanding 30,755 figure for the Norwich game could see Wednesday finish at No 1.' - http://www.sheffieldtoday.net

Big yourself up Wednesdayites - fantastic support! I'm gonna be there, what you lot saying?

here we go again, the last bastion of things owls can boast about

To me though mate, it's wonderful to see; a club like us, who have been in such a predicament recently are still pulling in Premier League attendances. I think it shows commitment, loyalty & sense. Just think what we'll draw when we go up!

To me though mate, it's wonderful to see; a club like us, who have been in such a predicament recently are still pulling in Premier League attendances. I think it shows commitment, loyalty & sense. Just think what we'll draw when we go up!

we can compare it to the 20,000 you was pulling in, in your last season in prem

Archived