Yorkshire Jihadi in the latest IS snuff movie?

Until international law changes it's illegal for a country to leave someone with a 'home' country. God know how this is policed mind you. How about we makes attempts (if possible and low risk) to arrest him, try him and then lock him up in solitary for the foreseeable?

You mean 'without' init? :)

A lot of British Pakistanis have dual citizenship so they wouldn't be stateless,, and he seems to think he's a citizen of the Islamic State anyway. He won't want to come back here, anymore than we'd want him back..

Until international law changes it's illegal for a country to leave someone with a 'home' country.

* without :)

I think that's quite right for many reasons, not least because justice works two ways and there needs to be a nation state to administer it. The international courts should pick up cases from rougue states as should have happened with Gaddafi's Libya when they were sponsoring terrorism. Bringing people in front of courts is another matter of course so sometimes a Paveway bomb is more practical.

You mean 'without' init? :)

A lot of British Pakistanis have dual citizenship so they wouldn't be stateless,, and he seems to think he's a citizen of the Islamic State anyway. He won't want to come back here, anymore than we'd want him back..

Oh balls. My typing has got no better in 2016 it would appear :( I shall edit!

Until international law changes it's illegal for a country to leave someone without a 'home' country. God knows how this is policed mind you. How about we make attempts (if possible and low risk) to arrest him, try him and then lock him up in solitary for the foreseeable?

Perhaps we need an international prison run by the UN. I'm being serious here. Make some crimes, crimes of the world (murder, terrorism etc - must be very well defined and not woolly!) and if convicted of them in situations like people who have gone to join Daesh then the UN charges, tries and imprisons them. This takes away the problem of having some countries effectively welcome them home as martyrs and gets around some legal loopholes. I'm sure there are issues with my idea so go ahead and point them out to me :D

Saudi Arabia removed Osama Bin Laden's citiizenship long before the September 11th terrorist attacks, so there is no reason Britain can't do the same to terrorists who move abroad and become our enemy. I don't have a problem if the replacement for Mohammed Emwazi suffers the same fate rather than capture him .

An international prison for terrorists run by the UN is a good suggestion . There is already a facility at Guantanamo Bay which is an ideal location for an international prison run by the UN .

Saudi Arabia removed Osama Bin Laden's citiizenship long before the September 11th terrorist attacks, so there is no reason Britain can't do the same to terrorists who move abroad and become our enemy. I don't have a problem if the replacement for Mohammed Emwazi suffers the same fate rather than capture him .

Did Bin Laden have hold another citizenship? You cannot make someone stateless, so you end up with a game of last man standing. Difficult problem really. I can understand why the rule is there as how else could we do it? Perhaps give certain organisations a 'pseudo-state' status so anyone who declares affiliation with them can have their other countries citizenship revoked? Not sure about this though...

An international prison for terrorists run by the UN is a good suggestion . There is already a facility at Guantanamo Bay which is an ideal location for an international prison run by the UN .

Do we really want to use Saudi Arabia as a justification for losing our moral compass?

Did Bin Laden have hold another citizenship? You cannot make someone stateless, so you end up with a game of last man standing. Difficult problem really. I can understand why the rule is there as how else could we do it? Perhaps give certain organisations a 'pseudo-state' status so anyone who declares affiliation with them can have their other countries citizenship revoked? Not sure about this though...

Bin ladin was made stateless. However there is no blanket ban on rendering people stateless. Our law permits it if there is a belief that the person may aquire another citizenship, regardless of whether they do so.

Bin ladin was made stateless. However there is no blanket ban on rendering people stateless. Our law permits it if there is a belief that the person may aquire another citizenship, regardless of whether they do so.

Then that changes the game slightly and in that case perhaps we should do that for people who join ISIS. What would happen to someone who was made stateless though? Could they end up stuck 'air side'?

Then that changes the game slightly and in that case perhaps we should do that for people who join ISIS. What would happen to someone who was made stateless though? Could they end up stuck 'air side'?

And if Iraqi/Syrian forces capture them, and don't want the bother of dealing with them, where do they deport them to?