118118 Charges on my phone bill??

I cannot reiterate strongly enough that no one except myself could have used the phone,the only other person in the house is my wife who is unable to use the phone through illness!

No ,there is something very fishy about the matter which I cannot understand!I have never attempted to use 118118 for any reason whatsoever,but somehow it has appeared on my bill as two separate charges.

I cannot reiterate strongly enough that no one except myself could have used the phone,the only other person in the house is my wife who is unable to use the phone through illness!

No ,there is something very fishy about the matter which I cannot understand!I have never attempted to use 118118 for any reason whatsoever,but somehow it has appeared on my bill as two separate charges.

Is it possible that someone was in the house at the same time as your wife, and they made the call?

This has happened to me recently but I thought it was me having a senior moment! I moved house on 21 September and my bill showed that I rang my own mobile on that day for 5seconds (checking the land line had been switched over to new house). The bill also shows on the next day a call to 118118 at 3 seconds costing £5.79. I couldn't understand why I would use that number to check the line nor why I would check it again when i'd checked it the day before but I never thought to query it. Makes me wonder now though :suspect:

Is it possible that someone was in the house at the same time as your wife, and they made the call?
.....not a chance! if I had a suspicion that any body could have used my phone, and no one was in the house on the date of the calls,I would not be bothering with this!

.....not a chance! if I had a suspicion that any body could have used my phone, and no one was in the house on the date of the calls,I would not be bothering with this!

Mossdog, raise a line fault with BT as you suspect a crossed line has registered an incorrect bill. As Quik put, OFCOM has a process for these kinds of disputes.

Calls to 118118 (and other 118XXX) numbers have like £1.50 connection charge then like £2/min after... and calls are always rounded up to nearest full minute..

Well that's outrageous then- total rip off.

Is no-one else disturbed by this blatant rip-off that, as well as being a rip-off, is regularly advertised on national TV?

People just don't seem to care anymore.

Its a legitimate business and they can quite rightly be advertising on television.

If people CHOOSE to use their services and CHOOSE to pay for the convenience of being put through directly AFTER they have been made aware of the charges then that's their choice.

They may well be "rip off" but they don't make their money any other way. The days of Directory Enquiries being an essential and thus well used service are long gone. Nearly every mobile has the internet these days.

People are paying for the convenience and such convenience comes with premiums.

Well that's outrageous then- total rip off.

Is no-one else disturbed by this blatant rip-off that, as well as being a rip-off, is regularly advertised on national TV?

People just don't seem to care anymore.

I don't understand why we should be outraged that a company that advertises on TV offers poor value for money? I think that the reason as to why they charge so much is that they've got a huge marketing bill they need to recoup.