118118 Charges on my phone bill??

........Result!....after chasing for an answer with BT,they have offered to credit me for the cost of the two 118118 calls but say they cannot understand how it could have happened!

Persistence seems to pay in matters like this!

........Result!....after chasing for an answer with BT,they have offered to credit me for the cost of the two 118118 calls but say they cannot understand how it could have happened!

Great news and well done for not giving it up. As you say it's only £11 but it's principle that matters.

Glad you got it resolved. :thumbsup:

Well done for getting it fixed :)

Still remaining, is the issue of 118 calls costing over a fiver, plus the their disingenuous practice of connecting customers without telling them that the call to the actual number they're wanting will also be at a grossly inflated rate.

Given the amount of times they've been fined for being deceptive about their charges-

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=118118%20fines

I've devised a catchy and easy-to-remember rhyme, so people can keep the very high charge in mind when thinking of using 118118

"118 118

Don't forget,

it's a rip-off mate"

:)

Result? maybe? what about the integrity of your line / billing?

Well done for getting it fixed :)

Still remaining, is the issue of 118 calls costing over a fiver, plus the their disingenuous practice of connecting customers without telling them that the call to the actual number they're wanting will also be at a grossly inflated rate.

Given the amount of times they've been fined for being deceptive about their charges-

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=118118%20fines

I've devised a catchy and easy-to-remember rhyme, so people can keep the very high charge in mind when thinking of using 118118

"118 118

Don't forget,

it's a rip-off mate"

:)

Dave, campaign to get the law changed over max call charges etc. You'll have more success than trying to get a company to have morality.

Directory enquiries.

In the internet age, even on most people's phones, I would have though that directory enquiry services were totally obsolete. True many older people may not be internet savvy but these 118 118 ads don't look as though they're aimed at them.

In the internet age, even on most people's phones, I would have though that directory enquiry services were totally obsolete. True many older people may not be internet savvy but these 118 118 ads don't look as though they're aimed at them.

Perhaps that's why they charge so much for them as they only get 5 calls a day? :hihi:

Occams Razor and all, what is the most likely reason for the calls showing on your bill? That someone made those calls.

I thought I was applying Occams Razor to conclude that there must have been a problem with mossdog's line/billing.

Nobody could even receive any information from directory enquiries with a 6 second call.

I thought I was applying Occams Razor to conclude that there must have been a problem with mossdog's line/billing.

Nobody could even receive any information from directory enquiries with a 6 second call.

Hence why we shouldn't rely on Occams Razor to solve logical problems! :hihi: