118118 Charges on my phone bill??

Well done for getting it fixed :)

Still remaining, is the issue of 118 calls costing over a fiver, plus the their disingenuous practice of connecting customers without telling them that the call to the actual number they're wanting will also be at a grossly inflated rate.

Given the amount of times they've been fined for being deceptive about their charges-

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=118118%20fines

I've devised a catchy and easy-to-remember rhyme, so people can keep the very high charge in mind when thinking of using 118118

"118 118

Don't forget,

it's a rip-off mate"

:)

They do tell you that the calls if connected will be at an increased rate though.

Dave, campaign to get the law changed over max call charges etc. You'll have more success than trying to get a company to have morality.

Campaigns= brutal hard work demanding committment, a very tough skin, and, the ability to inspire, and then, work with, a team of others.

I'm autisitic, so, 'non possum' on that one :)

However, if stuff like-

"118 118

Don't forget,

it's a rip-off mate"

could be bandied around, not only would it genuinely remind people why they shouldn't ring 118, but (and I do agree with you that companies of that kind will not be taking up morality) it'll be an embarrassment for the company- might even get people thinking about some of the other legalized rip-offs that we just take for granted these days (such as companies charging clients extra if they don't pay by direct debit).

---------- Post added 11-01-2016 at 18:41 ----------

They do tell you that the calls if connected will be at an increased rate though.

Yeah....

I'm looking for integrity though, actual honesty- the old stuff, you must remember it??

Given that your pensioner is going to be assuming that the call will be around 5p/min, whereas it's actually £5/min- passing it off as 'increased rate', while, strictly and logically speaking, is accurate; is clearly not anywhere near adequate when it comes to honesty and integrity.

How about a message saying "the call will be connected at around a £5/min rate"?

Then the pensioner will know to put the phone down and ring the number him/her-self.

Here's the opinion of Martin Lewis, of moneysavingexpert.com, on 118118-

The firm 118 118's adverts once gave the nation a great giggle – yet its rip-off prices are no laughing matter. Its business model is, in my view, a near moral disgrace – and I'm not even talking about the fact it has set up a payday lender.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2015/02/just-been-charged-183-for-one-call-via-118-118--thats-more-than-a-sex-line