Do you know of any cricket teams in South East Sheffield?

I've thought about trying my hand at Frecheville. The problem is I haven't played cricket in years and don't want to show myself up if i cant bat or bowl any good. I was ok at both but that was about 8 or 9 years ago.

You won't improve where you are! Just go along and be as honest as you have above. Introduce yourself, tell it as it is and see what they say. I'm sure they'll encourage you to come along and play. I guess you are young enough to pick up the threads and you might be surprised how quickly it happens. Clubs need to encourage members and although I've never been to Frecheville club I don't think they'd be so rude to turn you away without giving you some practice and a game, to start with. If it helps you, try bowling at a wall or a set of stumps before you go, just to build up your confidence. Good luck but do try, don't be shy!

Same here its been a while, although spin bowling is like riding a bike.

I was NEVER any good at batting though. Wouldnt mind just nipping along to a few training sessions first off.

If you want Camrat we'll go up to Frechville together, if were going to be a pile of ****é at least we wont be alone...lol

Cheers for the advice all!

Archived