Sheffield's post war Prefabs

Trekker

Hi Phil - now I remember the piano(s)!! I didn't actually go to Wisewood (Malin Bridge, then King Edward's). Mrs Silvester was a nice old dear who thought the world of her many cats (she was known locally as 'Pussy Galore'). She died aged 80 in 1978.

Bloomin' heck; Audrey's café! I often went there with the Ronksleys. Pie & peas cost 1s.3d..:)

Mrs Wigget lived at number 8. You beat me in the 11 plus I went to Firth Park Grammar. By the way my name is Phil Rich.

Hi hillsboro,I used to repair johns vans,some of them were right heaps but then they didnt go very far.
He's certainly had some old 'uns over the years. But before he went into the ice cream business, you should have seen the Ford van he bought for £15 in 1958...

Mrs Wigget lived at number 8. You beat me in the 11 plus I went to Firth Park Grammar. By the way my name is Phil Rich.
Yes, I remember Mrs Wiggett, again mainly through delivering her Christmas cards. On Collin Avenue you would have lived across from Fred & Maisie Holmes whom we knew quite well. There's a bit about me and my eccentricities on my eBay page here.

Yes, I remember Mrs Wiggett, again mainly through delivering her Christmas cards. On Collin Avenue you would have lived across from Fred & Maisie Holmes whom we knew quite well. There's a bit about me and my eccentricities on my eBay page here.

Hi, I have just opened your ebay page. It is very interesting. I am sorry but I cannot place you.

Did your wife live in the area?

I retired from work last Wednesday, big sigh of relief!!

Is that Big Fred who worked for the estate?

There was a family who lived in the prefabs with the same name as you whose son was involved in a pot holing accident where his friends died back in the 1950/60s, any relation?

regards, Phil.

Hi, I cannot open your ebay page it is blocked.
Now I see you opened the page. I don't remember the potholing accident (could it be when Neil Moss died after being trapped in the Peak Cavern in 1959?) There's a thread about this. My wife is from Scunthorpe (hence the difficulty courting in the 1960s) - we live there now but still have a 'holiday home' in Wadsley.
Is that Big Fred who worked for the estate?
Yes - that sounds like Fred. They had a daughter Gail; they moved to Dunella Road around 1967.

Now I see you opened the page. I don't remember the potholing accident (could it be when Neil Moss died after being trapped in the Peak Cavern in 1959?) There's a thread about this. My wife is from Scunthorpe (hence the difficulty courting in the 1960s) - we live there now but still have a 'holiday home' in Wadsley.Yes - that sounds like Fred. They had a daughter Gail; they moved to Dunella Road around 1967.

I read, what I think, is your thread on the forum. Another coincidence is that I now live at Wadsley. Is you holiday home at the bottom of R.A. by any chance?

What happened to the prefabs thread???

Regards, Phil.

Archived