Swimming pools in sheffield

amey

Hi,

wanting to find a good swimming pool in sheffield, around the s10 area, or around the childrens hospital area of town or even further afield really. Need a decent size pool for lane swimming and just wondered where the best pools are?

Thanks

Amey

Pond's Forge is Ok...but the male changing rooms have a funny smell about them...it's not very pleasant. Hillsboro' is Ok for kids and has nice gentle 'beach' style shallow bit. But it's not near where you are, as I've just noticed, hence this edit.

It sounds a little more serious than recreational. You can be in the centre so quickly from Sheffield 10 that I would suggest Ponds Forge.

Theres a public baths at Heeley too but I dont know what its like, I used to use Virgin's Pool across the road

The uni swimming pool at goodwin is really nice, i think the general public can probably go as well... http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/s10/

I think the University pool is excellent but haven't been there for 12 yrs and have not seen the S10 set-up. If that is available, even as membership, I'd prefer it to Ponds Forge having used it every day of the week at one time. It's on the higher part of Northumberland Road if you don't know at the Goodwin Centre.

There's the King Edward's (?) school pool near the Children's Hospital. Otherwise there's the USport one, Pond's Forge and Hillsborough that I know of.

King Ted's is actually nearer the Hallamshire than the Children's.

Dad and I used to go up there quite a bit years ago, always remember it being not all that warm in the Pool though :(

King Ted's is actually nearer the Hallamshire than the Children's.

Dad and I used to go up there quite a bit years ago, always remember it being not all that warm in the Pool though :(

When I was at City Grammar we used to 'borrow' King Teds for our swimming lessons, it was always a nice pool in those days, but I dont think it was open to the public. How many schools in Sheffield now have their own exclusive pools I wonder?

Archived