Democracy . Is it under grave threat.

our 'elected' leaders should be protecting our culture, our shared beliefs and the value of freedom.

instead, the flood of 'asylum seekers', 'refugees' and or 'economic migrants' into europe is nothing of the sort. this is a hijrah.

why are they all heading a thousand miles northwest when there is plenty of space and money to resettle the whole of syria in the gulf states? because the gulf states (the five richest have taken in exactly zero refugees) are already under islamic rule.

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 21:33 ----------

and, no. the line between moderate and terrorist is a grey area of indeterminate size. it depends how 'rightly guided' each individual is.

Edited by plain warner

our 'elected' leaders should be protecting our culture, our shared beliefs and the value of freedom.

instead, the flood of 'asylum seekers', 'refugees' and or 'economic migrants' into europe is nothing of the sort. this is a hijrah.

why are they all heading a thousand miles northwest when there is plenty of space and money to resettle the whole of syria in the gulf states? because the gulf states (the five richest have taken in exactly zero refugees) are already under islamic rule.

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 21:33 ----------

and, no. the line between moderate and terrorist is a grey area of indeterminate size. it depends how 'rightly guided' each individual is.

And how would you have the Government determine 'how 'rightly guided' each individual is', beyond what they are already doing?

And for someone who complains about the Islamification of Britain you use a lot of Arabic words....

Edited by Mister M

maueb

ding

arent

making sense isn't mandatory

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 20:54 ----------

islamisation of the uk and other european nations is happening right now, meanwhile those who should be protecting our national identity are defiantly repeating the mantras of 'islamic jihad has nothing to do with islam' and 'islam is peace'

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 20:56 ----------

'defiantly' probably isn't the right word... denial-ly?

Wow a few typos. Id change them if I could be bothered. So you finally made a point, which gives an idea why you were moderated.

So in what sense do you believe we are being islamised and why should we be concerned?

Give us 5 concrete examples and their consequences.

Who are the ones who should be protecting our national identity?

I havent heard them saying "'islamic jihad has nothing to do with islam' and 'islam is peace".

Just because some muslims have fundamentalist ideas, it doesnt mean all muslims are like that.

Which political paty or group do you support?

---------- Post added 06-01-2016 at 22:07 ----------

know your enemy.

Who would that enemy be?

"This page can’t be displayed".

My apologies . It did the same to me. But if you Google www. atlantic books.co.uk I think it will come up.

To save you any trouble finding others, who share concern about the fragility of democracy I'd suggest , "Tzvetan Todorov, The Fear of Barbarians.Polity Press.ISBN 13:978-0-7456-4710-4(pb)". It's strong stuff.

My apologies . It did the same to me. But if you Google www. atlantic books.co.uk I think it will come up.

To save you any trouble finding others, who share concern about the fragility of democracy I'd suggest , "Tzvetan Todorov, The Fear of Barbarians.Polity Press.ISBN 13:978-0-7456-4710-4(pb)". It's strong stuff.

So really you come onto a discussion board start a thread and your answer is go and read a book. Why not just explain to us why you believe its under grave threat in maybe 5 reasons and explain them. then people can make up their own minds on what you are saying. Why do you make it so hard?

The threat to democracy is not coming from without but from our own.

Gerrymandering of boundaries, the demolition of the welfare state, privatisation of anything and everything, the removal of workers' rights (which will only continue unabated should we leave the EU), TTIP, etc.

Valuable point (IMO) .I think your points fit in with the suggestion, that Theocracy will not triumph-but political autocracy will .

---------- Post added 07-01-2016 at 00:09 ----------

Actually your link doesnt work so you are just using a dead link. Why not tell us also what eh says and why you believe democracy is under threat. You are very poor at making your point and supporting it with anything. Without doing so your thread is meaningless.

Maube give is 5 reasons why you believe democarcy is under threat or a short paragraph to make your point and then people will be able to discuss with you. You could have done that in your very first post, then people might have know what you were talking about Im happy to do soem research except its not for me to do the basic points you seem incapable of probiding. It's your thread.

It appears to me that people are not making a bad job at comprehending - except you -the original post. It's meant to be a dialogue, not a monologue. A dialogue , where one raises a point and solicits a response . There's no point in me raising a question and the answering it myself.

If you like, you could give 5 reasons why you think Western Democracy is safe.

So really you come onto a discussion board start a thread and your answer is go and read a book. Why not just explain to us why you believe its under grave threat in maybe 5 reasons and explain them. then people can make up their own minds on what you are saying. Why do you make it so hard?

I'm not making it hard. I credit you with enough intelligence to take up a discussion. I'm interested in what people think . I suggest a reference ,such as a book,because a book can take the reader-if they so desire-beyond the limitations place on a topic submitted to this Forum. So it goes.

---------- Post added 07-01-2016 at 00:43 ----------

Ooo! That sounds good! :wow:

Is it from anonymous :hihi:

---------- Post added 07-01-2016 at 00:21 ----------

:love:

No it's not. But you made me laugh. They are a group of hackers-out to destroy the church of scientology. Best of luck to them-it's going to be hard.