Tipper driver Catcliffe today

Msb01

I'm an HGV driver and I can tell you tipper drivers are the most dangerous inconsiderate drivers on the road...most of them are paid on loads delivered and don't give for a dam for anyone on the roads they are a nightmare on the motorways..stay clear of tipper drivers.

Totally agree on this

Recently there seems to be marked increase in accidents on the motorways involving HGV vehicles and I believe these "Timed Deliveries" does not help with drivers being put under pressure in that if they arrive at the customer late the load would be refused and that practice should be stopped or at least modified by government regulation, just my view.

---------- Post added 08-01-2016 at 07:15 ----------

I totally agree with this. The amount of tipper trucks that drive through the weight restrictions on Worksop Rd at Attercliffe is very high. Also the number of them that drive around with a full load of dirt or rubble but don't have the load cover in place so when they go round a bend too fast some of the load spills out onto the road.

Anyway the blue coloured trucks you are referring to are owned by a company called Brocklebank who are based on Bland Street in Sheffield.

The best solution here if you feel the load is insecure is to report the matter to the police as being in charge of an LGV with an insecure load is an offence if the driver has a number of convictions he or she would find themselves in front of the Traffic Commissioners in Leeds explaining why they should be able to retain the LGV entitlements, just my view.

Maybe a call to the police?

Hello police.

im ringing to report a truck,it drove through a puddle in the road and the car infront of me got wet.

Call ends with sniggering and a recommendation to stay in doors when raining if it causes alarm.

Maybe a call to the police?

Hello police.

im ringing to report a truck,it drove through a puddle in the road and the car infront of me got wet.

Call ends with sniggering and a recommendation to stay in doors when raining if it causes alarm.

The o/p could try calling the owner of the company, I,m sure the busy owner would be delighted to speak to him and deal with his complaint in an understanding sympathetic manner.:hihi:

Edited by Humnanby

The busy owner would not be quite so delighted with a phone call from the police explaining that one of their vehicles is lying on it`s side at Catcliffe, and other vehicles have been damaged, and the driver has been arrested for dangerous driving.:)

Edited by Dr Afzal

The busy owner would not be quite so delighted with a phone call from the police explaining that one of their vehicles is lying on it`s side at Catcliffe, and other vehicles have been damaged, and the driver has been arrested for dangerous driving.:)

are we reading thre same thread?

Lorry goes through puddle and its dangerous?

Only to people that havnt been driving long and havnt got the experience to deal with everyday events on the roads.

Id say it was the car driver most likely to be in an accident.