1 0f benidorms top acts saturday@ firth park wmc

nicecraig

This Saturday we have 1 of best acts from Benidrom a duo called DEBS'N'HER

2 Yorkshire GIRLS (married) who have been constantly voted top act in resort working in the famous MORGANS BAR from the series TV BENIDORM

See below

Award winning duo leaves Benidorm for exciting challenges in the UK.

Let’s look at the synonyms of the word unique. Distinctive; special; one and only; individual; quirky; eccentric. Yes, any of those words can perfectly describe the talent that is Deb N Her, who after entertaining tourists and residents alike for over 10 years in Benidorm, performed their final gig in the town last Friday.

I first stumbled across Deb N Her during one of my regular trips to what many regard, as my second home of Benidorm a couple of years ago. My Mum was with me and we wanted to see the home of the Benidorm TV series, the “Neptune Bar”, which in real life is the established and popular Morgan’s Tavern. The stage was empty in between acts and we sat down outside on the packed terrace – not a seat or a bar stool to be had inside – and waited for the next performer.

Deb N Her was introduced and I was shocked with what I heard; so was my Mum! Shocked in the sense we couldn’t believe the quality of the voices we were listening to. They were fantastic! In tune, pitch perfect, in harmony from the first notes and I had to go inside to see for myself who was making this sound. You were simply drawn in. The well-deserved applause, cheers and whoops after the first number was followed by some great banter, which immediately showed their infectious humour, personality and their northern roots.

What struck me straight away, was the way they harmonised and yes, made their own, some of the modern popular songs. Their versions of “Titanium”, a world–wide No1 hit for David Gueta, “Need You Now” from Lady Antebellum and “Dear Darlin’” by Olly Murs, were simply stunning and in the case of Titanium, made me appreciate the original song even more. They were different, they didn’t rely on the same old, same old sing-along tracks and most importantly, they were simply themselves and not a tribute act.

word quickly spread and the venues they performed at such as, Tiara’s Bar, Queen’s Hotel, Cafe Klee and the established Vincent’s were packed out.

Their debut as a duo was in the White Horse – part of the Vincent’s group – with whom they continued to work until last week, alongside some of the other major cabaret venues in the town. They’ve deservedly accumulated a very large following of Deb N Her fans, as well as the respect and the admiration of venue managers and their fellow artists and performers for their hard graft, determination and their undeniable talent. This was confirmed in 2013, when they won the Cool FM listeners award for “Benidorm’s Most Popular Act”. The year got even better for them, in front of an audience of some 200 people who witnessed them make their vows and get married.

With the continuing success of Benidorm’s own “dynamic duo”, it came as a great shock to everyone, when they made the decision to leave and return to the UK, playing to their final audiences last Friday night in Morgan’s and The Western Saloon. Two clichés could probably be used. “All good things must come to an end” and “When one door closes, another one opens”. What will the future bring for Deb N Her?

A trip to Benidorm, for me, won’t be the same without looking around and finding out where and when “the girls” are on stage, and sat on the bar stool in front of the famous fish tank “as seen on TV”, anticipating a polished and professional performance and never being disappointed. :clap::clap::clap:

Sunday 10th

There is a 4 pc band on called LIPSERVICE FRONTED BY MARTIN BURTON who play a mixture of soul and pop tunes :thumbsup: