Decent behaviour on the roads

Just had a numpty at Holme lane going towards hillsborough. Traffic lights outside Towsure were on green but there was a long line of traffic other side so I stayed where I was to avoid blocking road (which is what is the correct thing to do). Had a bloke in a jag behind me hooting telling me to go. Told him to use his eyes in no uncertain terms. I so wanted to tell him to do one.......but I didn't

I truly believe that most motorists have split personalities,they can be the mildest people ever until they get behind the wheel when a change comes over them!.Then they turn into Mr Hyde, aggressive,speeding, tail gaiting only using one pedal the accelerator,driving flat out up to roundabouts and traffic lights,overtaking in dangerous areas only to gain one space at the next set!.Perish the thought of giving a signal oh no its too much effort,you need eyes up your posterior when driving nowadays!.

That's a very true statement.

I was once parked up at the bottom of Darwin Lane picking up my daughter from school. I was facing downhill but wanted to go back up Darwin Lane. I looked in my side mirror, saw nothing coming, so began a three point turn.

Jut as I did so a minibus, that I see regularly, full of I think special needs children(?) came around the corner. I fully expected him to be mildly irritated but just hold back a few moments and let me do the manoeuvre, but no, he drove right up close to my car forcing me to abandon the manoeuvre and reverse back where I was.

Just because he was driving a minibus of children he thought he was ten men!

It seems your the one in the wrong. The driver has assumed you have left enough room to get past and he was also travelling up hill so right of way

Actually, the thing these days is for the car going up hill gives way to the car coming down. Might even be in the Highway Code....?

If he had somewhere to go and didn't that's his look out. I give way when technically not my right of way if it keeps traffic moving. I don't reverse for anyone. I waited 10 mins once.

This whole giving way to people going up hill seems to be a Sheffield thing - I've asked other people from other areas and got blank stares.

This whole giving way to people going up hill seems to be a Sheffield thing - I've asked other people from other areas and got blank stares.

There's a lot of hills in Sheffield to be fare. Speak to someone in Hull or London about this and their reply will probably be...."what's a hill?"

If he had somewhere to go and didn't that's his look out. I give way when technically not my right of way if it keeps traffic moving. I don't reverse for anyone. I waited 10 mins once.

You are wrong

http://www.theorytestadvice.co.uk/highway-code/search.php?search=uphill

It was stated as a 'courtesy' in the highway code when I took my test.

On the roads yesterday, I could not believe the amount of totally ignorant drivers about, including a white transit driver who pulled out of a side street as I was about 10 metres from it and turned on to the main road in front of me, forcing me to stop and pull in to let him pass me.

Thank you to the City Cars driver though, who let me out yesterday afternoon on Chesterfield Road.

Edited by Hesther