Decent behaviour on the roads

I was waiting patiently at the one way stop on Carfield Road next to the bus stop top of the hill, 6 cars went through, after the 7th car nice and clear i went through , only for a Nissan Micra to speed up the hill and try to get through before me , she was determined not to stop (stupid woman ), i had to stop half way through thinking is'' she actually going to stop '' she did fortunately , I kept my cool and just shock my head at her. ( I'm a 4 x 4 driver :roll:) opps. We get bullied on the roads too :hihi:.

I find it annoying when i have let someone through even if i have right of way and they do not ackmowledge the fact that i have done so,i usually say thank you back at them on their behalf

Stick in mud:

HC does not allow for a "right of way" in any circumstance (page 34).

---------- Post added 10-01-2016 at 20:52 ----------

It seems your the one in the wrong. The driver has assumed you have left enough room to get past and he was also travelling up hill so right of way

Uphill, downhill, vehicles parked on your side, their side ... Makes no difference.

Notional priority and courtesy etc but no right of way.

Who arrives first at the blockage, how big/long is it?

Mind you, that's not to say I don't have sympathy with the OP - I have noticed myself that some drivers of 4x4's have yet to find where their brake pedal is.

Edited by DT Ralge

It seems that all the pressure is on the drivers to negotiate hazards caused by the owners of the parked cars. If an accident occurs can owners of parked cars be involved in insurance claims and the blame game?

Unfortunately not ihpb. I once witnessed an accident which would not have happened had a disabled stickers car not been parked on double yellow lines. The driver of that vehicle said he had a right to park there. The police said he was in the wrong parking there because of a restriction and did fine him but laid no blame on him for the accident.

If cars were parked solid on your side of the road, this means that you should have given way does it not?

Not if you've already started to overtake them before the car coming the other way approaches - you then have priority. You can't pull in if cars are parked solidly on your side.

Another rule that most people don't know.

Not if you've already started to overtake them before the car coming the other way approaches - you then have priority. You can't pull in if cars are parked solidly on your side.

Another rule that most people don't know.

That just makes so much sense. Anyon turning into the road would have had to overtake the parked cars, and the car coming up was far enough away to have had time to pull in. Reversing toward a main road isn't a good move, and that was my issue. I couldn't believe the other driver lacked so much awareness, and it would have been much simpler for him to pull into a space and let me through. I guess his ego was bigger than mine, like his car!

I felt quite intimidated, and as a courteous road user myself, can't help wondering what mindset that driver had. Was I wrong to expect him to see the conditions and exercise a bit of awareness?

People who drive 4x4s

Are generally blockheads :nod:

(Btw, would just like it known

It took a LONG goddamned time

To find an SF suitable adjective

For the above drivers.

You are welcome everybody :D)

When entering a road always check its clear first, if you cant see because of an obstruction enter more slowly until you get a good vision, if a car is coming stay where you are until it passes. If youve already entered the road & you then spot a car coming towards you & there is parked cars on either side drive down to the nearest pull in, if its on your side...pull in, if its on their side...wait for them to pull in, then you can both carry on your journeys, never reverse out of a side street onto a busy road. :)