Sheffield arena crossing

It infuriates me when people press the button to cross, but then cross anyway before they have a chance to change. Then, when they do change traffic has to stop for no reason...!

If you're just going to cross anyway don't press the button at all.

When I have to stop at traffic lights, I don't really notice whether the crossing is empty of people, it certainly doesn't annoy me. I have to stop anyway, there's no point getting annoyed about insignificant things you can't do anything about, it just puts you in a bad mood :)

It infuriates me when people press the button to cross, but then cross anyway before they have a chance to change. Then, when they do change traffic has to stop for no reason...!

If you're just going to cross anyway don't press the button at all.

As a driver I can see your point, but I don't get annoyed by it, because also as a pedestrian I have noticed that if you see a gap and cross without pressing the button there are a few idiot drivers who will then put their foot down deliberately in order to hassle you for having the audacity to cross without the lights and then sometimes blast the horn too. It does happen because I have seen it a few times.

I always wait for the light even if other people can't be bothered to wait, mainly for the above reason.

---------- Post added 11-01-2016 at 09:37 ----------

Why? It makes no difference in the flow of traffic if you start to cross in a break in the traffic before the lights change

You are right of course. It should make no difference at all provided the vehicle doesn't alter speed.

Edited by spilldig