UK house price to crash as global asset prices unravel

Speculating on capital return isn't how you work out the ROI, it's speculative investment in a commodity rather than investment for a regular return.

It is hardly a speculative investment when house prices have increased 17 fold over the last 40 years. There will be dips, but overall it is difficult to imagine a situation where at the end of a mortgage period a house isn't worth many times more than it was when purchased

Not if I serve a notice to quit and write a letter for the tenant to give to the housing that will help her get rehoused.

It is possible that a letter will not make much difference. If your tenant leaves after you give her notice then the council may class that as making herself voluntarily homeless. A tenant doesn't have to leave until a possession order has been issued.

It is possible that a letter will not make much difference. If your tenant leaves after you give her notice then the council may class that as making herself voluntarily homeless. A tenant doesn't have to leave until a possession order has been issued.

The tenant takes the letter and notice to quit to howden house, the housing usually find them a place before the date to quit arrives. Last tenant I did this to was because the property was being refurbed and the council rung me up to confirm everything and the tenant was given priority on the housing list.

Prefere to buy do up then sell. No hassel from tennants, but each to their own .

Nothing wrong with that as such, but potentially a CGT liability depending on amount of profit in any given financial year.

2015/16 £11,100 before the tax man wants his share, which is not a great deal of profit for the hard work put in.

Edited by Dr Afzal

Speculating on capital return isn't how you work out the ROI, it's speculative investment in a commodity rather than investment for a regular return.

You keep thinking that, while I'll have my mortgage paid off in 10 years instead of 30. House prices are only going to rise as demand is still outstripping supply by a long way. The longer people wait in anticipation of a drop in prices, the less likely they will be able to afford to buy one. That is why the rental market is so buoyant. Also, with rents forecast to increase by nearly 50% over the next 10 years, things might not be so bad for landlords as people seem to think.

You keep thinking that, while I'll have my mortgage paid off in 10 years instead of 30. House prices are only going to rise as demand is still outstripping supply by a long way. The longer people wait in anticipation of a drop in prices, the less likely they will be able to afford to buy one. That is why the rental market is so buoyant. Also, with rents forecast to increase by nearly 50% over the next 10 years, things might not be so bad for landlords as people seem to think.

I will keep thinking that thanks.

I'm glad I don't have a mortgage, wouldn't like to have one when the long overdue interest rate increases finally arrive.