UK house price to crash as global asset prices unravel

Profit over community. Well done, very parasitic of you.

Fingers crossed the Uni continues to build student accommodation so people like you are put out of business.

That's a bit strong to be fair.

All Penistone is doing is describing the rational (to him/her) financial decisions they are making based on the incentives available. It's not right to blame individuals and it's a waste of energy. The real fault lies with the system that allows individuals to make such choices, and allows those choices to be replicated by millions of others.

That's a bit strong to be fair.

All Penistone is doing is describing the rational (to him/her) financial decisions they are making based on the incentives available. It's not right to blame individuals and it's a waste of energy. The real fault lies with the system that allows individuals to make such choices, and allows those choices to be replicated by millions of others.

Why is it a fault of the system that people are able to split up and rent out their own property as they see fit? :huh:

Why is it a fault of the system that people are able to split up and rent out their own property as they see fit? :huh:

Sorry for not making it very clear but I was thinking more about millions of people becoming BTL landlords, many of them just with one property.

There will always be business for professional landlords holding larger portfolios of properties.

Sorry for not making it very clear but I was thinking more about millions of people becoming BTL landlords, many of them just with one property.

There will always be business for professional landlords holding larger portfolios of properties.

Still struggling to understand what the problem is.

Yes, please explain why people shouldn't be able to buy property and rent it out if they choose to?

I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm saying that millions of people each owning and letting out a single property is bad. Very bad.