UK house price to crash as global asset prices unravel

I'm afraid I have to agree :thumbsup:

Folk owning 1 house to make ends meet OK

But people who own a 'portfolio'

Capitalism at it's worst :shakes:

Renting out purpose built student accommodation is perfectly fine. Its what the Uni has started doing in great number.

Taking a family home and crowbarring in as many students as possible, without a care for the community or neighbours is totally wrong in my opinion. It's people like Penistone999 that have pushed up the prices for everyone else while simultaneously destroying communities.

Taking a family home and crowbarring in as many students as possible, without a care for the community or neighbours is totally wrong in my opinion. It's people like Penistone999 that have pushed up the prices for everyone else while simultaneously destroying communities.

And I agree with you

But it's all legal

So nothing can be done about it :shakes:

Apart from naming and shaming :thumbsup:

And I agree with you

But it's all legal

So nothing can be done about it :shakes:

Apart from naming and shaming :thumbsup:

This government is starting to deal with the issue by the introduction of the buy-to-let stamp duty. This will be the first step. If this does not have an effect, expect more measures.

The government has stated it wants the Uk to go back to the aspirational home ownership model. Buy to let does not fit in with this and so they are being squeezed and rightly so.

Renting out purpose built student accommodation is perfectly fine. Its what the Uni has started doing in great number.

And yet the students have to live somewhere.

And before dedicated accommodation was built, that meant they had to live in houses.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 14:36 ----------

What is that dude?

An additional 3% stamp duty when buying a 2nd home. Although SD levels have been reduced significantly recently, meaning that it's not actually much worse that it was before.

[quote=Cyclone;

Coupled with the attacks on landlords that the government are making, entering the market wouldn't look like that smart a move.

I can see how the property situation could, and may well become more difficult, but the alternatives (1 or 2 % interest on savings in building society accounts for example) will still be a much worse punt than BTL. Even with double SD, lower rents and other restrictions, I believe BTL will always out perform the alternative options and provide the greatest returns.

As an aside, would the current government be keen to heat things up to such a point that it burns their own?

I can see how the property situation could, and may well become more difficult, but the alternatives (1 or 2 % interest on savings in building society accounts for example) will still be a much worse punt than BTL. Even with double SD, lower rents and other restrictions, I believe BTL will always out perform the alternative options and provide the greatest returns.

As an aside, would the current government be keen to heat things up to such a point that it burns their own?

I'm not convinced that there's a good return on a BTL investment available at the moment if you were looking at making the investment today.

I'm not convinced that there's a good return on a BTL investment available at the moment if you were looking at making the investment today.

Not really. Buy to let is still going to give you a decent return as house prices are still rising a quite a rate which stood at an annual rate of 7.7% to November for the country. The real gains are to buy property without the need for a mortgage, this way you can dodge the inability to offset the interest in the mortgage as a cost.