What is the best self tan on the market?

Thought I would set a post up for the girls.

With the hot weather coming I was just wanting to know which self tan products are the best.

So if anybody has tried any out on the market now, give your mark out of ten and a descritpion and what you think about it.

I will start with Johnsons holiday skin. I give it a 6.

*Had a few streaks and darker patches than other parts after using it for 1 week.

*I thought it had a bad smell after you put it on and the smell stayed as it was quite strong.

*It also took quite a while to dry.

I would like to try L'oreal Sublime Bronze Self-tanning Dry Mist.

Thanks for reading.

Comon girls add some more for me.

I've tried the new Dove Summer Glow and I have to say it's pretty good!

Doesn't streak, even after a week and it doesn't stink either!

It does take a little while to soak in, but it's not sticky, it just leaves your skin soft and with a natural tan.

I have quite pale skin so i needed something that looked natural.

I would give this a 9/10!!!

Very impressed:)

ive tried the garnier ambre solaire spray express tan, lasts for a while, and easy to top up but does smell quite strong! as long as you rub it in its not too streaky! would give it 8/10, good part from the smell!

the other day i bought the new garnier ambre solaire spray tan, you know that can spray upside down? well this one is reall streaky! same good colour though, so maybe with practice might be better! this is 6/10 at moment, but next application might be better!

both are terrible at washing off tho, if you have a shower it streaks straight away and when you scrub it off, some bits take forever and refuse to budge!!

I've tried the new Dove Summer Glow and I have to say it's pretty good!

Doesn't streak, even after a week and it doesn't stink either!

It does take a little while to soak in, but it's not sticky, it just leaves your skin soft and with a natural tan.

I have quite pale skin so i needed something that looked natural.

I would give this a 9/10!!!

Very impressed:)

ill give that ago then next i think i have pale skin too.

I'm using the Johnsons one at the moment, and I'm also putting it on with latex gloves which has been a real bonus. I was off work for a week at the end of March and I put some on every day to build up the colour. I don't find the smell unpleasant and it soaks in fairly quickly on me as well. It doesn't streak but it wears off in patches and obviously hands and face fade quickest. I might try the Dove one next.

The Dove one is good I can definitely recommend it. At the moment ive got Boots own make moisturiser self tan stuff cos it was BOGOF. I put some on earlier and its a lot greasier than Dove. I'll report back with the progression of the tan (if i remember). It was 3.99 for 2 bottles though so cant complain.

I love the ambre solaire spray upside down one for lighter tan- it leaves a golden glow but fake tan develops into different colour depending on ur own skin tone-so not everyone will get the same golden glow.

for my face i like pitz buin face self tanner- leaves a natural looking even glow withoutdrying. but im longing for a sunbed or a days sunbathing in the garden to bring out my real tan and freckles cos u can always tell a fake tan!! :)

Archived