What is the best self tan on the market?

It was between the Dove and Nivea one that I was making the choice between. Boots have an offer on with the nivea on which comes with something else to do with tanning.

But because of everyones opinions on the Dove I have got that one.

So far so good. Not 2 strong but can notice a slight difference. It also smells soooo much nicer than the Johnsons one.

Anyway I will keep you updated once I have made my second coat.

:thumbsup:

The Dove one is now £2.09 at Asda. My mate has used this and I've heard good things about its capability for the price.

Best tip with any self tan is to apply it to the areas you are going to cover up first i.e. legs. and finish with areas you are not arms and legs. Think Melanie Griffith in Working Girl. Wait a while (10-15 mins)after getting out of the bath/shower for your pores to close unless you like the pitted orange look. Body scrub the areas well in the bath that tend to get the "rhino skin" elbows, knees backs of heels knuckles etc and rub the least self tan cream into these areas. Apply using an indian burn type movement to avoid streaking. To avoid getting the nicotine hands scrub them well but then to avoid them looking a different colour wipe the back of them against the opposite arm. Likewise to avoid your feet looking over coloured, pretend you are wiping your shoes on the backs on your trousers (but it's your feet on your legs.) you get the sunkissed look then like you do when you get a natural tan.

I'm not a great fan of the biscuit smell myself but I've got some and starting to feel a bit pasty at the moment...

• 5 years later...

Lets get this old thread up and running again...

I use St Moriz and have done for 2 years+. Its only about £3 a bottle and can be picked up at stores like TK Maxx or TJ Hughes. Only takes a couple of hours to get a great tan and you can see it going on so is easy to get it streak-free.

9 out of 10 in my opinion - better that Fake Bake, St Tropez etc as I used to use these.

Archived