Protest in town today? 11/01/2016

I agree its good that we have this celebration. The Christians get the winter market and the decorations. Muslims should be allowed to celebrate an important date in the Islamic calendar.

"Winter Market and the Decorations".....are they a pop group or do you mean Christmas Market..?

Best to stay out of town when anything like this is going off

Not sure why you think that - there were about 50 protesters & I walked from my office to M&S & back & was completely unencumbered. I'd rather have these protesters than the chuggers or the 2 chaps trying to sell CDs!

I believe natjack is referring to this thread that was closed

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1443529

No he wasn't That must have been another thread, but thanks for trying to second guess me :D

I've messaged mafya about what I was referring to. The thread was closed in a matter of minutes, and a comment I made about the issue on a related thread was deleted and a warning issued. So, just shhhhh ;)

I agree its good that we have this celebration. The Christians get the winter market and the decorations. Muslims should be allowed to celebrate an important date in the Islamic calendar.

Oh dear, I rather enjoyed the winter market and decorations (which included seasonal references to all the popular religions) and I'm an atheist. Weren't they meant for me then? :huh: