Cost of t.v in hospital

You obviously have not spent much time in a Hospital.

Really? And just how do you work that out?

You are very wrong.

There were were TV is hospitals before that were free. Then Labour got involved and allowed these companies to come into Hospitals and take over.

Thankfully the current government have their head screwed on and are going to require hospitals provide free wireless. This wont fix the issue but will give many a choice.

My post indicated that television in hospitals is not a priority and is actually not needed. In fact, hospitals existed before television so what did people do then? I am all for television being made available to patients but I believe that it would be a privilege rather than a right.

I do not watch a great deal of television so any long stay in hospital without television is not a problem for me.

Really? And just how do you work that out?

You are very wrong.

My post indicated that television in hospitals is not a priority and is actually not needed. In fact, hospitals existed before television so what did people do then? I am all for television being made available to patients but I believe that it would be a privilege rather than a right.

I do not watch a great deal of television so any long stay in hospital without television is not a problem for me.

Agree with it or not, the TV is the most popular form of entertainment in the country and to charge people for it, when it was once free, is wrong. The providers can still sell their films and other forms of entertainment, but to sell you the TV channels you have already paid for again, is wrong.

Apparently, the easiest way to charge up a device in hospital is to bung it in a PET scanner and turn it on. You can charge a Kindle up by induction charging in less than a minute! If someone's using the PET, hotwire the device up to a defibrillator. :thumbsup:

Agree with it or not, the TV is the most popular form of entertainment in the country and to charge people for it, when it was once free, is wrong. The providers can still sell their films and other forms of entertainment, but to sell you the TV channels you have already paid for again, is wrong.

If they didn't get paid then the companies would pull out..what then? has the NHS got money to spend on TV's?

A hospital is there to provide you with healthcare and treatment, not to provide you with television. If you do not want to pay to watch television then don't pay. Nobody is forcing you to watch the thing.

There used to be a day room with a telly in it too, (the tv's were often donated by grateful patients or hospital charities,)which got you out of bed, and meeting people which is usually good for people too. They've been stopped so you have no choice but to use the pay system.

Beware also if you move beds, as you lose the TV you've paid for I believe.

As far as I know, hospital radio has been available ever since the NHS began. I remember listening to it in the 1950's when I had my tonsils out.

Edited by Anna B

There used to be a day room with a telly in it too, (the tv's were often donated by grateful patients or hospital charities,)which got you out of bed, and meeting people which is usually good for people too. They've been stopped so you have no choice but to use the pay system.

As far as I know, hospital radio has been available ever since the NHS began. I remember listening to it in the 1950's when I had my tonsils out.

This isn't true. You just take you card that you purchased credit on with you, and if you have any problems the operator will sort it out.

Not so. The clinical area I work in has a TV available for all free of charge in the day room.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 18:10 ----------

You obviously have not spent much time in a Hospital. Some people are stuck in them for weeks/months. It can get very boring if all you have is a few books.

There were were TV is hospitals before that were free. Then Labour got involved and allowed these companies to come into Hospitals and take over.

Thankfully the current government have their head screwed on and are going to require hospitals provide free wireless. This wont fix the issue but will give many a choice.

Yippee !

Patients will have free wireless but not enough staff to care for them thanks to this government.

All is good.:nono:

Edited by Daven