Cost of t.v in hospital

If they didn't get paid then the companies would pull out..what then? has the NHS got money to spend on TV's?

Like I said, there is plenty of option to provide premium services to patients such as films or pay per view channels. Making you pay for anything is wrong i my opinion, especially as this was something that was free to patients before.

Like I said, there is plenty of option to provide premium services to patients such as films or pay per view channels. Making you pay for anything is wrong i my opinion, especially as this was something that was free to patients before.

Then who do yoy think should pay for TV's. Money spent on providing leisure facilities is less money available for paying medical staff and services i.e what the NHS is there for.

Then who do yoy think should pay for TV's. Money spent on providing leisure facilities is less money available for paying medical staff and services i.e what the NHS is there for.

One TV can provide the free and premium services ... thats obvious. There is free stuff now (one channel).

Hospitals had phones too, until this company came along and put the TV/phone systems in and now they are gone.

If the NHS could provide TV's and Phones for well over 50 years, why cant they continue?

One TV can provide the free and premium services ... thats obvious. There is free stuff now (one channel).

Hospitals had phones too, until this company came along and put the TV/phone systems in and now they are gone.

If the NHS could provide TV's and Phones for well over 50 years, why cant they continue?

Because theyd rather spend the money on medical staff and medical care perhaps?

There are still payphones and some tvs.

What would they watch those films and pay per view channels on?

Well settle an argument for us, and find out if their is a free telly available in a day room...

When I visited my pal in the Hallamshire a couple of years ago there was a small tv room on his ward but there was only 1 channel on it,B.B.C. There is also a tv in the eye clinic.

I remember, many years ago, the hospital TV's had a sign that said they had been provided by the Hospital League of Friends.

http://www.sth.nhs.uk/work-for-us/volunteering/league-of-friends