Police Community Support Officers

I know exactly what they do. They don't do police work. They have support role as the name implies.

They are civis dressed up so they are more respected. They are called PCSO so they are more respected.

Their role is really important. Without PCSO warranted officers would be swamped with unimportant tasks. They are first point of contact for many.

And they are good value for money.

Still it is not a glorious job.

Who said it was ? :confused:

Only reason they are not council employees is because Police Community Support Officers sounds more dignified then Municipal Dog Turd Inspector.

Civil Enforcement Officers, sounds ok to me.

---------- Post added 18-01-2016 at 18:12 ----------

Does anyone think they are good value for money ?

I think someone walking the streets, that are not as expensive as the Police is a good idea.

It used to be the case that ordinary citizens would interject in matters of civil disobedience, but not so much these days ;)

---------- Post added 18-01-2016 at 18:12 ----------

I think someone walking the streets, that are not as expensive as the Police is a good idea.

It used to be the case that ordinary citizens would interject in matters of civil disobedience, but not so much these days ;)

I think more civilians doing the paper work for real Police Officers inside the Police station would enable more real Police to walk the streets and do the job they are paid for .

I know exactly what they do. They don't do police work. They have support role as the name implies.

They are civis dressed up so they are more respected. They are called PCSO so they are more respected.

Their role is really important. Without PCSO warranted officers would be swamped with unimportant tasks. They are first point of contact for many.

And they are good value for money.

Still it is not a glorious job.

Neither is being a Police Officer a glamorous job. You understand what it says on paper they do, but you don't seem to understand exactly what that means in areas where they work. They work on long cases of antisocial disorder, they often sit somewhere between a copper and a social worker trying to reduce crime rather than just respond like most Police Officers have to. PCSOs main role is to proactively prevent crime. And sometimes they can give out a ticket for littering. :)

---------- Post added 19-01-2016 at 09:06 ----------

I think more civilians doing the paper work for real Police Officers inside the Police station would enable more real Police to walk the streets and do the job they are paid for .

Yes I'd agree with that too, but don't confuse admin staff with PCSOs, they are not the same thing at all and PCSOs have a valid and useful place alongside the police.