Cold caller offering 'gutter clearing service' in S8

I (like other have said) would be very weary about anyone cold calling for work. We have had to put quiet a few jobs right over the years where they have used someone claiming to be Roofers only to have the work done incorrectly if at all.

Having said that there are some genuine businesses that cold call to create work but if you do consider using some one who cold calls you should see their Business name and address, their personal ID, along with there Public Liability insurance.

Some window cleaners do offer Gutter cleaning as an extra service but they dont always know what there doing, i,e often the offset bends are blocked up and need taking apart to unblock them, also sometimes the joints will need re-sealing. They also dont always have the correct ladder's to safely reach the gutters.

Most Roofer's (including us) offer Gutter cleaning from around £40 and if any joints need re-sealing they can also be done at the same time as the materials will be to hand, also they can check the roof for any problems while they are there.

Hope this helps,

Thanks, Mike.

Edited by ForeverGreen

Who'd have thought getting some leaves out of a gutter was so complicated. I've managed to do it myself for 20 years without any risk assesments and have yet to burst into flames or hurl myself off the ladder but that must just be amateurish luck!

Who'd have thought getting some leaves out of a gutter was so complicated. I've managed to do it myself for 20 years without any risk assesments and have yet to burst into flames or hurl myself off the ladder but that must just be amateurish luck!

Yes if its just a few leaves in the gutter it's very easy, but some jobs arnt as straight forward, ive had some where ive had to disconnect every offset bend as they were blocked up with sludge.

Thanks, Mike.

We recently had a major window company knock and say he was in the area, and ask if we wanted windows and doors.

Ours are practically new, I almost feel sorry for them it can't generate that much income if it's commission based.

If people want them surely they won't wait on the off chance of someone knocking to ask

We haven't had to have our gutters cleaned in 4 years despite a quite a few nearby trees since having "hedgehogs" fitted.

(google "hedgehog gutter brush") Well worth the modest

.http://www.hedgehoggutterbrush.com.

Edited by mickyboy